Once Upon a Time in Vietnam (2013)

Drunken Monk

I couldn't find a thread on this, though I thought there was one. If there is, I'm sorry. Anyway, here's the new teaser trailer...

2nUD-T3hQNA&hd=1

It looks very stylishly directed, I think. I like the cinematography. The action looks pretty great too, from what little spurts we see.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
gwailosforever

I had the pleasure of filming the behind the scenes documentary for this production, so if anyone wants any further info please feel free to ask.

Drunken Monk that trailer you posted is way out of sync. This is the original upload (in HD) from the official youtube channel.

Any chance you can edit your post and change it to this link? I know first hand that Dustin and the crew would appreciate it. ;)

• Administrator

Drunken Monk, thanks for putting this movie on my radar.

I had the pleasure of filming the behind the scenes documentary for this production, so if anyone wants any further info please feel free to ask.

Hey man, since you were there, please give us some info on this film. It would be a great way to get everyone hyped about it. :nerd:

Drunken Monk that trailer you posted is way out of sync. This is the original upload (in HD) from the official youtube channel.
Any chance you can edit your post and change it to this link? I know first hand that Dustin and the crew would appreciate it. ;)

That trailer looked very promising. I'm officially interested. :wink: LOL

• Administrator
Hey Kung Fu Bob,

Glad you like the look of it. For now check out this article over at IMPACT which my good friend Mike Leeder put together for the film. http://www.impactonline.co/news/1103-dustin-nguyen-once-upon-a-time-in-vietnam

Also this is the official facebook page for the film. It's mostly in Vietnamese but has a lot of behind the scenes photos https://www.facebook.com/Luaphatmovie?fref=ts

Anything specific you want to know just ask. If I can answer it I will :)

Awesome, thanks for the links! Mike is a great writer, so I look forward to reading that article. Anything not answered there, I'll be sure to ask you. :bigsmile:

Sure! I just updated my video. Thanks for the info too!

gwailosforever

Some of the 'behind the scenes' for OUATIV has finally seen the light of day. The is an interview with costume designer Bao Tranchi discussing her work on the film. Here you can also catch a small glimpse action too.

gwailosforever

Dustin is currently in Cannes promoting Once Upon A Time In Vietnam to international distributors. They even held a OUATIV cocktail party! Attached are some sales posters for Cannes

gcfuc3XPYt.jpg

g0mvCDvEkj.jpg

gfEeu9GIfh.jpg

gnqaWQPCpE.jpg

1369452785-lua-phat--5.jpg

ShaOW!linDude

She's gorgeous, she doesn't need to entice anyone with cleavage. Oh, speaking of cleavage, is it just me or does the dip in the cutting edge of her blade make it look like she's hacking into Yuan's nose is the poster showcasing him?:tongue:

blue_skies
She's gorgeous, she doesn't need to entice anyone with cleavage. Oh, speaking of cleavage, is it just me or does the dip in the cutting edge of her blade make it look like she's hacking into Yuan's nose is the poster showcasing him?:tongue:

I agree she's gorgeous but it certainly does pique my interest more in the movie, I'm ashamed to say:tongue:

and you're absolutely right it does look like she's hacking into that guy's nose!

Drunken Monk

Is it me or do some of the fights look as though they have pretty terrible lighting?

gwailosforever
Is it me or do some of the fights look as though they have pretty terrible lighting?

I can't deny it's certainly very dark in places. However the film is yet to have a full grade supervised by the DOP. Fingers crossed that corrects it!

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB

Thanks for all the info, photos, and the trailer link Gwailosforever. This looks very promising. :nerd:

gwailosforever
Thanks for all the info, photos, and the trailer link Gwailosforever. This looks very promising. :nerd:

You're welcome Bob. Here's a pic especially for you ;)

1013705_521851934549140_586426144_n.jpg

Drunken Monk

I can't tell whether the fight footage is from a variety of fights or a select few. I really hope there are a number of good action scenes in this one as it looks like a pretty great film so far.

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB
You're welcome Bob. Here's a pic especially for you ;)

1013705_521851934549140_586426144_n.jpg

Thanks! Yes, yes... I wholeheartedly approve of this outfit on this actress. :bigsmile: The fact that she is wielding cool weapons only makes it that much better. :wink:

Thank you for thinking of me Gwailosforever.

gwailosforever

Two weeks to go until the Vietnamese premiere and nationwide release. Several new posters have been released, along with banners, standees and even popcorn boxes.

1375431963-lua-phat-4.jpg

1375431963-lua-phat-5.jpg

1098202_152112061657264_313998772_n.jpg

998749_152114504990353_1670166416_n.jpg

1095022_152115114990292_1389583971_n.jpg

1009763_141000779435059_862337784_n.jpg

1001523_148462508688886_654620921_n.jpg

1044607_596681000363780_1457619716_n.jpg

gwailosforever

'Once Upon A Time In Vietnam' opens today in selected cinemas in Melbourne, Australia. On the 24th October it also opens in Sydney.

Here's a nice piece on Dustin and the film courtesy of the Sydney Morning Herald

http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment/movies/teen-idol-becomes-a-master-of-martial-arts-20131009-2v8ho.html

And finally a video message from Dustin to his Australian fans

NvJOpFSRn5g

This movie came out in August and had a lot of really good hype.. i would think after about 5 months a dvd would be available...any news?

Archived