70s tv

fatcat

I LOVE tv shows from the 70s!! My favorites include All In the Family, Goodtimes, Sanford & Son, Whats Happening!, Chico and the Man, CHiPs, etc.. Id like to expand my 70s experience, could anyone make any suggestions?? Im going to include Columbo to my collection next.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TibetanWhiteCrane

I was just gonna say Columbo... I love that show (the 70's run, not the 90's eps.)

I like Starsky and Hutch and Streets Of San Francisco (the ones with Michael Douglas).

Though I am an 80's kid, so im more into 80's shows.

Granted, it's a mini series and from 1980 but Shogun is probably my favorite tv show of all time. If you don't have that, then get the boxset asap.

lol, I was born in the 70s, not sure why I gravitated alot towards the 70s but I like 80s stuff also. Shogun huh?? I totally missed the boat on this one, I youtubed it, it definately looks like something I could get into, Thanks for that recomendation, Im going to check it out.

WKRP In Cincinnati and M*A*S*H are two I highly recommend.

Happy Days, The Jeffersons, and Taxi are three others I enjoyed back then.

WKRP In Cincinnati and M*A*S*H are two I highly recommend.

Happy Days, The Jeffersons, and Taxi are three others I enjoyed back then.

I remember Happy Days!! Ill pick that up. Its hard for me to think of a time M*A*S*H wasnt on tv, as a matter of fact when I hear the theme my first though is its time for bed, but never got into watching the show.

The champions, Time tunnel and of course The avengers...

Jason King and Department S too (perhaps 80's instead of 70's, I don't remember...).

Thanks to MeTV, and a few other classic tv channels, I've been getting in some great 70s shows. Barney Miller, Starsky and Hutch, 3s Company. Great 60s stuff too. Dragnet, I Dream of Jeanie, Brady Bunch!!:tongue:

One of the funniest cop shows of the 70's: Barney Miller with that unforgettable bass riff in the opening theme song. The Spider-Man series was campy but I liked it from the 70's. A PBS show I really liked from the 70's was The Electric Company (Morgan Freeman got his start on that show).

One of the funniest cop shows of the 70's: Barney Miller with that unforgettable bass riff in the opening theme song. The Spider-Man series was campy but I liked it from the 70's. A PBS show I really liked from the 70's was The Electric Company (Morgan Freeman got his start on that show).

Lol, I love that intro!! :bigsmile:

One of the funniest cop shows of the 70's: Barney Miller with that unforgettable bass riff in the opening theme song.

I was reading up on the series just the other week. I saw something on the TV which reminded me of the show. Haven't seen it in forever but watched it all the time when it originally aired. Always sad to see that some cast members have passed on; like Ron Carey. I remember when Jack Soo died and they had a special episode or dedication for him.

I was reading up on the series just the other week. I saw something on the TV which reminded me of the show. Haven't seen it in forever but watched it all the time when it originally aired. Always sad to see that some cast members have passed on; like Ron Carey. I remember when Jack Soo died and they had a special episode or dedication for him.

That episode of Barney Miller was on today!! I actually was pretty sad. Unfortunately only till recently have I discovered the genius of Jack Soo. I absolutely love his comedy. I even looked him up, he actually was one of the first non afro Americans to sign with Motown. His birth name was Goro Suzuki. He was born on a ship on its way to America from Japan. He was in one of those Japanese internment camps during WW2 also.

I'll never forget Jack Soo's final line of the his last episode: "I have nothing to add", when Barney asks him if there was anything else he's like to say. I thought Chano was funny as well. He reminded me a bit of my dad except my dad has a thicker accent and wasn't a cop, but it was that Latino mentality. This clip always cracked me up, from the first episode of the show.

DpE90uY6dJs

Archived