The Victim: Last Line in Cantonese?

Guest Markgway

I don't know what to say. :squigglemouth:

I found it terrible. It's no Magnificent Butcher or Knockabout or Spooky Encounters, Drunken Master etc...

I can only handle quality productions with decent acting and story, pacing, cinematography,

editing etc...

IKFM seemed like they didn't know what they were making. I'm not very good at putting it into words, but for me it was just awful. in every way. 'lol

-

TibetanWhiteCrane

Haven't seen it in years, but I remember liking it way more than Dirty Tiger, Crazy Frog and By Hook Or By Crook, made around the same time and also indie flicks. Now those were pretty bad.

I don't know what to say. :squigglemouth:

I found it terrible. It's no Magnificent Butcher or Knockabout or Spooky Encounters, Drunken Master etc...

I can only handle quality productions with decent acting and story, pacing, cinematography,

editing etc...

IKFM seemed like they didn't know what they were making. I'm not very good at putting it into words, but for me it was just awful. in every way. 'lol

-

I don't feel as though I'm that harsh of a critic. There are so few films that are "Drunken Master," "The Magnificent Butcher" etc.

Look at "Seven Steps of Kung Fu" or even "Daggers 8." They're still incredible watching experiences even if they don't have the production values of what fans of the genre deem certified classics.

Guest Markgway
there's certainly other titles in the Sammo canon that deserves flak way more than IKFM.

Two Toothless Tigers!

Haven't seen it in years, but I remember liking it way more than Dirty Tiger, Crazy Frog and By Hook Or By Crook, made around the same time and also indie flicks. Now those were pretty bad.

Wasn't mad about By Hook... but Dirty Tiger was good fun.

Few filmmakers/performers have a batting average like Sammo's.

TibetanWhiteCrane

Actually haven't seen Dirty Tiger for quite some time either, I just remember not liking it, aside from some of the fights. Pretty comedy heavy as I recall, and not the good kind of comedy. Sammo's comedic stylings were always hit and miss for me.... sometimes even within the same movie.

TibetanWhiteCrane

For instance, watching the Lucky Stars gang trying their damndest to grope some girl for about 15 minutes straight positively grates on my nerves, whereas stuff like the disco scene from Carry On Pickpockets and the inlaws dinner scene from Officer Tuba cracks me up every time I watch it. The worst though is the Dean-Shekian comedy from the late 70's fu flicks..... I find it nearly unwatchable.

When I say I find a film terrible or awful, it usually means that I just couldn't believe that such a film exists. It means I couldn't even watch it, it was so bad. Bored me to tears, that I'd have to fast forward through it looking for a good bit and usually not finding one. Then turn it off and probably bin it. (If it's on a dvd-r) :S

If I'm honest. Incredible Kung Fu Master was one of these. Torture.

I did chuckle at the english dubbing though. It's some of the worst (best) I've heard. xD

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ts1l8e716uxiow1/Incredible%20kungfumaster%20dubbing.mpg

streaming clips ^

-

I love IKFM, from a kung fu philosophy perspective it's better than Mag Butcher, etc imo; it has a lot to offer, & is thoroughly entertaining with its message. One of my favourites for sure, but then again I have a lot of favourites...

Killer Meteor

I don't recall thinking much of Incredible Kung Fu Master, but the lameo dubbing didn't help.

The wall-to-wall comedy of a lot of these does grate. All that nasal whining...

I love IKFM, from a kung fu philosophy perspective it's better than Mag Butcher, etc imo; it has a lot to offer, & is thoroughly entertaining with its message. One of my favourites for sure, but then again I have a lot of favourites...

You must have watched a different film. :ooh: 'lol

I like its premise, two schools 1 wing chun, 1 hung gar-ish, close-minded to cross-training & adaptation, Sammos characters attitude to promote open-minded understanding of the martial arts, but balanced foundation... the food analogy's great; kung in the flick is good.

I like its premise, two schools 1 wing chun, 1 hung gar-ish, close-minded to cross-training & adaptation, Sammos characters attitude to promote open-minded understanding of the martial arts, but balanced foundation... the food analogy's great; kung in the flick is good.

Yes, it's a bit like Bruce Lee's philosophy the types of food=styles & as long as it's edible= useful

myLfuRJzFf0

I remember liking IKFM a lot

It had some good training scenes

IDp-BPcjytM

I remember finding DIRTY TIGER, CRAZY FROG hard to watch.

Cognoscente
On 2/2/2013 at 11:21 PM, MLee said:

I've always wondered how Sammo still survived in The Victim as it looks pretty clear he gets stabbed in the back by Chang Yi's henchmen!

Sammo knew how to fake Leung's death with the sponge, so he could always do the same thing for himself.

• Like 1