Is Afro Samurai any good??

TheBigBoss

I was browsing around K-Mart again and found "Afro Samurai: The Director's Cut." Now I knew this was a TV Show but this was a TV movie of some sort. It was in a bargain bin for $5 but I have never seen the show. Is it any good? Is it worth the time and money?

This is what the box and such looks like if anyone wanted to see

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The packaging of the series is some of the best ive seen and as the series itself it has some pretty violent action scenes but the dialogue parts are pretty flat and sometimes just annoying. As a martial arts, anime, or Samuel L. Jackson fan its worth owning.

I was browsing around K-Mart again and found "Afro Samurai: The Director's Cut." Now I knew this was a TV Show but this was a TV movie of some sort. It was in a bargain bin for $5 but I have never seen the show. Is it any good? Is it worth the time and money?

This is what the box and such looks like if anyone wanted to see

I just looked, and it seems that the Director's Cut is actually the uncut version of the tv series. The cut version is said to be called 'Spike Version'.

ShaOW!linDude

I enjoyed it. The animation was really good and the action pretty cool. I imagine that the additional footage is probably a bit more of the violence and gore. Shoot, for $5 that's a score, dude. Hope it's still there when you go back to get it.

Looking at the link, the running time is 125 mins. There were 6 eps to the tv series, if I remember right. Hmmm.....on the back, did it list episodes or appear to be a movie?

Look, either way, for the price, you probably ought to grab that, bro.

• Administrator

YES!

Lionclaw nailed it with his description.

I'm not huge into anime, but I really enjoyed this series. Well worth a pickup for $5.00. The second series/season was cool too.

Cool, Thanks for the quick replies. I was there today and It was still there but I think there's only one copy left so If its still there when I go back I'll go ahead and grab it

Just want to say I watched the whole Afro Samurai series today and I enjoyed it very much. The only thing I think could be different is how short it was. I didn't know going into it that it was more of a mini-series. The entire story arc/plot starts and finishes within the 6 episodes. The 2nd disc is only special featues

I watched the first couple of episodes and I couldn't stand his alter ego so I stopped watching it. But I heard it got better.

Archived