Rabbit Horror?

Vegeta84

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, and hated it. Though I hate all other Takashi Shimizu movies as well, except for Marebito.

The only thing I liked about Rabbit Horror was the rabbit. An original, bold and fascinating "villain". But I cannot understand why these kind of films are called "intelligent horror". You've got a kid traumatized by a dying rabbit as a main character, and then big scary rabbits start appearing. And that's supposed to be intelligent horror? Sounds more like kindergarten psychology lesson to me. The film's got all the genre cliches that we've come to expect from these kind of movies. Except this was released in 3D. Should note I watched the 2D version, though.

The Japanese trailer is beautiful, though; and the only reason why I rented the film. Had the film been half as good...

If you're a fan of Shimizu, maybe you'll like. For me, it was as bad as the rest of his movies (in comparison I do like Hideo Nakata's better films like the 1st Ringu and Dark Water).

Yeah, and hated it. Though I hate all other Takashi Shimizu movies as well, except for Marebito.

The only thing I liked about Rabbit Horror was the rabbit. An original, bold and fascinating "villain". But I cannot understand why these kind of films are called "intelligent horror". You've got a kid traumatized by a dying rabbit as a main character, and then big scary rabbits start appearing. And that's supposed to be intelligent horror? Sounds more like kindergarten psychology lesson to me. The film's got all the genre cliches that we've come to expect from these kind of movies. Except this was released in 3D. Should note I watched the 2D version, though.

The Japanese trailer is beautiful, though; and the only reason why I rented the film. Had the film been half as good...

If you're a fan of Shimizu, maybe you'll like. For me, it was as bad as the rest of his movies (in comparison I do like Hideo Nakata's better films like the 1st Ringu and Dark Water).

That bad eh? I thought a giant killer rabbit might have made this something else.

Yeah, Shimizu is hit or miss with me. The only film I remember really enjoying was Reincarnation, even though I barely remember what happened in that film

Secret Executioner

A movie about killer rabbits ? Why do I have a hard time taking that seriously... :tongue:

Takuma: never heard of "intelligent horror" before. And judging by what gets the name, I guess I'm sorta glad I never heard of it before. :squigglemouth:

Secret Executioner
This movie freaked me out as a kid. A film about giant killer bunnies. Yup, killer bunnies.

Night Of The Lepus.

That looks awesome. :bigsmile:

Archived