Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon 2: Sword of Destiny (2016)

Drunken Monk

OpiumKungFuCracker

Guys calm down. By putting this film on Netflix, it's going to even reach a far wider and broader audience. They will even have the first movie streaming, ironic isn't it,hahahaha. If people want to seek out the original resource, they will. Heck, I see this as an opportunity for the average person to take up Cantonese or whatever and even  read the novel in its native tongue.probably because of this movie And plus, the best part????? More exposure for yen???? Am I right?

Edited by OpiumKungFuCracker

Full trailer is out....all together now "I see, a bad moon rising!" - 

It was alright, nothing great as they mostly showed greenscreen and decent wirework scenes. I'll keep an eye on this just for the action.

• Like 1

Was I the only person half expecting Michael Angarano to turn up somewhere in that trailer?

I wanted Russell Crowe to appear just like he did in The Man with the Iron Fists. Haha.

• Like 1

Was I the only person half expecting Michael Angarano to turn up somewhere in that trailer?

I thought we were seeing a trailer to the long-awaited sequel to (COMET,) BUTTERFLY AND SWORD instead of CROUCHING TIGER, HIDDEN DRAGON. But I'll give it a chance.

Even though I know I'll watch it and be disappointed, I'll still sit through it. The trailer itself is horrendous though, with that overlay of the song. Just doesn't fit and I don't get it.

Secret Executioner

Full trailer is out....all together now "I see, a bad moon rising!" - 

Ugh, that's awful. Looks like a The Asylum tried to make a Wu Xia Pian - these people constantly flying during fights, the "music" and the two fighters falling down the pagoda are some way corny stuff.

And the whole "magical/powerful item the bad guy wants so the good guys go and prevent him from getting it" plot is... How should I say this ? Kind of done to death in fantasy films. Seems like when people have no imagination, they keep returning to that - it's been done a lot in Western cinema (Lord of the Rings notably) and I'm sure several Asian films have done this too (I think I've heard of a late 1970s movie about such a sword, and of course there's Godfrey Ho and the Golden Ninja Warrior statue in many of his cut-and-splice films). Hell, even TV series have incorporated this - a subplot in the first season of the animated series Beware the Batman concerned the League of Assassins being after a magical sword that was in Katana's possession. The thing is, the show's rendition of this plot was pretty badass with a lot of suspense being maintained throughout this plotline (this occured while Batman fought other villains or encountered other future heroes such as Metamorpho) and it ended with an epic and dark final showdown between Batman, Katana and the League at Wayne Manor (which had been infiltrated by Ninjas in spite of the ultra high security systems)... So yeah, the cartoon was epic and in spite of some strange aestethics, it looked less cartoony than this film.  :squigglemouth: 

I`m not sure what to think at this point. The soundtrack is way off here, wtf?! This movie should not have that kind of soundtrack. Hope it was just trailer music. But, if people are going to watch this movie along with the first then there has to be some continuity in language and soundtrack. There should not be an English soundtrack unless it is an additional dub. I will say that I prefer the Netflix trailer better than the China trailer. The fights look interesting but typical. At least it won't cost anything to see this. And, if it is good enough, I would assume there will be a blu-ray at some point? I do like that Netflix is getting some original movies together with their other programming.  

On 1/26/2013 at 7:34 PM, OpiumKungFuCracker said:

No love for Freddy Vs Jason/Bride Of Chucky????? Come on man!!!!

Here is the HK poster for the latter.

254724327_4572991436125927_7857562668095559135_n.jpg

• Like 1

Looking back at this now, I think Donnie could've just ditched it for making another movie. It's obvious that he did it anyway because of Michelle and Woo-Ping. Some decent stuff from them but otherwise nothing to rave about.

• Like 1