Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon 2: Sword of Destiny (2016)

Drunken Monk

One Armed Boxer

Twitch have posted a follow-up article to the one I posted in #127.

Looks like trouble is ahead for this sequel, with every IMAX chain in the US refusing to show the movie based on its same day release on Netflix. No doubt the Weinstein's didn't see this one coming, and now all they're left to bank on is the 200 IMAX screens in China agreeing to show an English language sequel to a movie from 10 years ago. Hmmm.

Special mention has to go to the quote by IMAX chain AMC, which is hilarious -

"Only AMC and [its parent company] Wanda decide what programming plays in our respective theatres. No one has approached us to license this made-for-video sequel in the U.S. or China, so one must assume the screens IMAX committed are in science centers and aquariums."

Check out the full article here -

http://twitchfilm.com/2014/10/crouching-tiger-sequel-running-out-of-imax-screens-in-north-america-and-elsewhere.html

The dumbest thing is domestic movies are killing it at the box office in China right now. I thought that was one of the key reasons for a resurgence in Kung Fu movies. Yet they chose to shoot in NZ with presumably non Asian crew and make the film in English to boot ??

How many ways to say epic fail in Mandarin, Cantonese, and English?

These producers, with their filthy rich asses, continue to reduce our beloved genre to shit.

It's like the idiots who are planning to remake Enter The Dragon... You don't remake ETD, assclowns... ETD was made as a starring vehicle for Asia's first International movie star. It was a launching vehicle, because HELLO; Hollywood wouldn't cast an Asian in a lead role for any production-at that time!

History. Those bound by their ignorance of it, shall suffer the consequences that are born of such ignorance.

Why don't the Weinies, simply hire an anglo cast and tape their eyelids back?

I understand John Wayne and Mickey Rooney are no longer available.

• Like 1

Secret Executioner
Twitch have posted a follow-up article to the one I posted in #127.

Looks like trouble is ahead for this sequel, with every IMAX chain in the US refusing to show the movie based on its same day release on Netflix. No doubt the Weinstein's didn't see this one coming, and now all they're left to bank on is the 200 IMAX screens in China agreeing to show an English language sequel to a movie from 10 years ago. Hmmm.

Special mention has to go to the quote by IMAX chain AMC, which is hilarious -

Check out the full article here -

http://twitchfilm.com/2014/10/crouching-tiger-sequel-running-out-of-imax-screens-in-north-america-and-elsewhere.html

Funny, I'd have thought they'd be happy about this. Like any store owner would be happy to see someone sell the same thing than they, except way cheaper...

The dumbest thing is domestic movies are killing it at the box office in China right now. I thought that was one of the key reasons for a resurgence in Kung Fu movies. Yet they chose to shoot in NZ with presumably non Asian crew and make the film in English to boot ??

Yeah, cause they really do NOT want this to be a huge hit.

Secret Executioner

These producers, with their filthy rich asses, continue to reduce our beloved genre to shit.

It's like the idiots who are planning to remake Enter The Dragon... You don't remake ETD, assclowns... ETD was made as a starring vehicle for Asia's first International movie star. It was a launching vehicle, because HELLO; Hollywood wouldn't cast an Asian in a lead role for any production-at that time!

History. Those bound by their ignorance of it, shall suffer the consequences that are born of such ignorance.

Why don't the Weinies, simply hire an anglo cast and tape their eyelids back?

I understand John Wayne and Mickey Rooney are no longer available.

Spot on post, Sir.

One Armed Boxer

In all seriousness though this really is an epic fail, I really don't understand the business sense behind it. So they secured the deal with Netflix, and announced that it would be released simulataneously on IMAX screens as well, but they didn't bother to actually secure any deal with any of the IMAX chains before announcing it!? If that's the case then they've made an epic misjudgement by presuming they'd all be willing to jump on board, when the reality is the exact opposite scenario has ended up playing out. At this point the sequel is in danger of being remembered as a marketing disaster more than anything else.

As much as it is interesting to find that Netflix would premiere this the same day as IMAX, the Weinsteins once again proved that they should not do any more business in terms of anything in terms of Asian cinema. Dragon Dynasty was their shot at redemption but that didn't last long.

Now here they go again...with the Weinsteins pretty much destroying any sort of credibility with CTHD2.

Back in the days when they released those cut versions of the Asian cinema titles, Harvey made the excuse that he edited it to "make the s**t work"? What's going to be his excuse for this brand of marketing for CTHD2?

385109866_504279.gif

Someone needs to keep "Harvey" and his operations away from Asian cinema-as far as humanly possible. What an complete asshole!

It was fcuks like he who kept Bruce Lee from making the series Kung Fu, kept promising a youthful and amazingly athleticly talented Jackie Chan, future as the new "Clint Eastwood", or co-starring with Arnold and Sly.

Go to Hell, in alcohol drawers, Douchebag.

Elemental Fist
Someone needs to keep "Harvey" and his operations away from Asian cinema-as far as humanly possible. What an complete asshole!

It was fcuks like he who kept Bruce Lee from making the series Kung Fu, kept promising a youthful and amazingly athleticly talented Jackie Chan, future as the new "Clint Eastwood", or co-starring with Arnold and Sly.

Go to Hell, in alcohol drawers, Douchebag.

I've read that the creator of Kung Fu tv series Ed Spielman was developing the idea since the 60's after gaining interest and actually wrote a forty-four-page treatment for film, TV and publishing titled, 'Kung Fu: The Way of the Tiger, The Sign of the Dragon.' in the mid-60's. So I can't really say that Kung Fu was exclusively Bruce's idea. From what I understand the whole idea didn't really come up until the 1993 film 'Dragon: The Bruce Lee Story' and Spielman was plan to sue the Lee family estate for defamation decided against it when Brandon Lee was tragically killed and felt sorry for Linda already losing her husband now losing her son. So it's not impossible for coincidences like this to happen in fact it happens more than people are willing to admit.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kung_Fu_(TV_series)#Ed_Spielman.27s_commentary

I did a bit of stunt and extra work on this film. It's the first time I've worked on a production this big and an experience I will remember for a lifetime.

voi-Chung-Tu-Don-6587-1422671358.jpg

More details have emerged regarding Veronica Ngo’s (aka Thanh Van Ngo) character in Mantis in Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon II: The Green Destiny. According to vnexpress.net, Ngo will play the part of an assassin named Mantis, the right hand woman of the film’s main villain, which possibly means her role may be substantial.

http://www.cityonfire.com/ronny-yu-to-direct-crouching-tiger-hidden-dragon-sequel-in-may/

Good choice. Yuan was effective in the villain role opposite Jackie in Shanghai Noon. Just hoping that this won't be all washed-up choreography we now see alot from Woo Ping.

Thephantasm

Ive been looking forward to this sequel.

The world is a different place now and they still have to compete with a better-informed more updated audience.

Less talking and more action hopefully.

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG

I too am looking forward to this. I sense it will be a dandy of a film.

All of the participants seem very happy doing their jobs.

Which to me is a good sign.

Thanks for the pics mpm74.

51Hfsx8nzxL._SY344_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

GD Y-Y

Secret Executioner

That's not a poster, it's the cover of the novel - so it's pretty much a book based on a movie based on a book.