Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon 2: Sword of Destiny (2016)

Drunken Monk

gwailosforever
Ah, I see. Thanks for the information.

Still cool though. As a big fan of The Rebel it's great to see him get this opportunity.

Secret Executioner
A complete sausage fest!!! Oh wait this is a prequel? Where are the babes?

The movie is shot in English, has a guy from Glee in it (as a main character, no less) and all you have to say is "where are the babes" ?! :tongue:

A complete sausage fest!!! Oh wait this is a prequel? Where are the babes?

It's not a prequel. It's an official sequel. CROUCHING TIGER HIDDEN DRAGON was based on the fourth book of Wang Dulu's Iron-Crane Pentalogy.

This film is based on the final book of the series, "Iron Knight, Silver Vase".

Noelle Shadow Kick

I heard about the guy from Glee being cast and was initially annoyed (like I'm sure most of us were), but according to my parents he was hired on the show because he's an amazing dancer, not a singer or anything like that. If he has extensive dance background, he will probably be very well-suited to this type of on-screen fighting. So hey, maybe he's a good actor? I'm not familiar with him myself, but after my initial annoyance maybe it won't be bad haha

OpiumKungFuCracker
The movie is shot in English, has a guy from Glee in it (as a main character, no less) and all you have to say is "where are the babes" ?! :tongue:

Yeah, what can I say, I love Michelle Yeoh!!!:tongue:

It's not a prequel. It's an official sequel. CROUCHING TIGER HIDDEN DRAGON was based on the fourth book of Wang Dulu's Iron-Crane Pentalogy.

This film is based on the final book of the series, "Iron Knight, Silver Vase".

Oh right! I have the fourth book like an idiot, I should know better! I might have to read it before the movie opens!! Have you read the book?

OpiumKungFuCracker

Wait a sec? If this premieres on both netflix and theaters, wouldn't the majority of the public stay at home and watch it on their netflix box? People are lazy as shit, they're not going out of their way to drive to a theater to go watch this movie? I feel really bad for theater owners, digital is really killing our way of life.

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG

I love those stills.

Look like this could be awesome.

Don't know if this was posted yet on this thread.

But here it is.

CROUCHING TIGER, HIDDEN DRAGON II: THE GREEN DESTINY - based on the final book in the Iron-Crane Pentalogy, Michelle Yeoh is returning as Yu Shu Lien with Donnie Yen taking the male lead role of Silver Wolf. Co-starring Nicholas Ts

This is 'ONE' I really look forward too.

May be better than the first.......hopefully.

Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon II: The Green Destiny (2015)

Full Cast & Crew

Directed by

Woo-ping Yuen

Writing Credits (in alphabetical order)

Du Lu Wang ... (book)

John Fusco ... (screenplay)

Cast

Donnie Yen ...

Meng Sizhao

Michelle Yeoh ...

Yu Shu Lien

Jason Scott Lee

Harry Shum Jr.

Tiefang

Eugenia Yuan

Juju Chan

Roger Yuan

Chris Pang

Woon Young Park

Darryl Quon

Yoson An

Boxer #2

Kevvy Sing-Hoi Ng ...

West Lotus Boxer

Gary Young ...

Te Junior

Produced by

John Levin ... co-producer

Bey Logan ... co-producer

Charlie Nguyen ... co-producer

David Thwaites ... producer

Harvey Weinstein ... producer

Ralph Winter ... executive producer

Wing-Fai Wong ... executive producer

Cinematography by

Newton Thomas Sigel

Film Editing by

Jeff Betancourt

Casting By

PoPing AuYeung

Tina Cleary

Miranda Rivers

Mary Vernieu

Art Direction by

Nick Connor

Set Decoration by

Daniel Birt

Makeup Department

Orlando Bassi ... wigmaker

Second Unit Director or Assistant Director

Charlie Nguyen ... second unit director

Art Department

Matt Cornelius ... property master

Janelle Hope ... art department coordinator

Tasha Lang ... assistant property master

Roger Murray ... prop making supervisor

Sound Department

Corrin Ellingford ... boom operator

Visual Effects by

Tom Bruno ... previs artist: Proof Inc

Monty Granito ... previs supervisor: Proof Inc

Sally-Ann Louisson ... visual effects coordinator

Richard Mahon ... matte painting supervisor

Jye Skinn ... previs artist: Proof Inc

Mark Stetson ... visual effects supervisor

Stunts

Shane Blakey ... stunt rigger

Andrew Cottle ... utility stunts

Gareth Courtney ... stunt rigger

Namihei Koshige ... stunt performer

Ben O'Hanlon ... stunt rigger

Nooroa Poa ... stunt rigger

Bronson Steel ... stunt rigger

Tim Wong ... assistant stunt coordinator: New Zealand / stunt performer

Eva Yang ... stunt department coordinator

Woo-ping Yuen ... action director

Camera and Electrical Department

Reuben Morrison ... lighting console programmer

Jason Naran ... video assist operator: main unit

Michael Urban ... digital imagining technician

Casting Department

Yoson An ... extras casting assistant

Yvette Reid ... extras casting

Edward Zo ... Casting Intern

Costume and Wardrobe Department

James Rogers ... lead breakdown artist

Rose-Marie Salmon ... art finisher

Editorial Department

Conor Bowden ... production assistant

Nicola Spencer ... first assistant editor

Other crew

Phil Aitken ... location manager

Billy Badalato ... aisa consultant

Stuart Burkin ... executive in charge of post production

Eva Cao ... consultant

Jo Lo ... production assistant

Wayne McCormack ... horse master

Sharon Ninness ... location coordinator

GD Y-Y

OpiumKungFuCracker

Yeah this has the potential to be way better than the first movie. God, let Donnie Yen have his break in Hollywood already! The guy is old, like Liam Neeson. How old is Donnie, like 50?

It would be amazing if it was better than the first, but personally I'm not counting on it. Just the fact that it is in English drops it a notch right off the bat.

Secret Executioner
Wait a sec? If this premieres on both netflix and theaters, wouldn't the majority of the public stay at home and watch it on their netflix box? People are lazy as shit, they're not going out of their way to drive to a theater to go watch this movie? I feel really bad for theater owners, digital is really killing our way of life.

Excellent point. Seems like they are doing everything to make this the major fuck up of the millenium... :rolleyes:

masterofoneinchpunch
Excellent point. Seems like they are doing everything to make this the major fuck up of the millenium... :rolleyes:

Nothing that new though. It's been done a few times (I remember Bubble (2005) being one of the earlier attempts), but none have been successful that I'm aware of.

I think you have to dig pretty deep to be a "major fuck up of the millenium" when you have Heaven's Gate, Howard the Duck, The Fall of the Roman Empire (films that either bankrupted a studio or came close.)

Personally, I think the Weinstein's know it would fail as a typical theatrical release. It’s a totally different team than the first one, and it’s nearly 15 years later (and they waited too long, i.e. Sin City 2). Yuen Woo Ping knows his action, but he isn’t sh*it against Ang Lee, as a director.

This is a way both companies – Netflix and Weinsteins - can both prosper. If it weren't for Netflix, CTHD 2 would be straight to DVD/VOD. Come to think of it, straight-to-netflix sounds even worse. lol

Secret Executioner
Nothing that new though. It's been done a few times (I remember Bubble (2005) being one of the earlier attempts), but none have been successful that I'm aware of.

I think you have to dig pretty deep to be a "major fuck up of the millenium" when you have Heaven's Gate, Howard the Duck, The Fall of the Roman Empire (films that either bankrupted a studio or came close.)

The Fall Of The Roman Empire is a GREAT movie. It had a big budget and bombed at the box office, which explains why it's considered a flop. But as a film, it's not bad and you don't have OTW casting choices (no popular TV star), questionnable language choices (it wasn't shot in Italian or Spanish for instance) and the company producing it wasn't famous for having distributed and ruined more movies than you could handle (it's a Paramount movie).

Concerning Howard The Duck... Looks like the movie itself is the fuck up. I remember seeing a review of it and all I can remember from this movie is some guy yelling "Dat's a DUCK man !!!".

Personally, I think the Weinstein's know it would fail as a typical theatrical release. It’s a totally different team than the first one, and it’s nearly 15 years later (and they waited too long, i.e. Sin City 2). Yuen Woo Ping knows his action, but he isn’t sh*it against Ang Lee, as a director.

This is a way both companies – Netflix and Weinsteins - can both prosper. If it weren't for Netflix, CTHD 2 would be straight to DVD/VOD. Come to think of it, straight-to-netflix sounds even worse. lol

I gotta say it's strange they took so long to bring it (the Sin City reference is relevant, I'm not sure if the new one is as good as the first one as I haven't seen it, and I have no interest in seeing it - in spite of really enjoying the first one). Concerning the director, I have already stated my views on Ang Lee so nothing to add there.

Straight to Netflix sounds even worse than direct to DVD IMO, but I have a strong prejudice against streaming and the digital distribution (iTunes...).

masterofoneinchpunch
The Fall Of The Roman Empire is a GREAT movie. It had a big budget and bombed at the box office, which explains why it's considered a flop. But as a film, it's not bad and you don't have OTW casting choices (no popular TV star), questionnable language choices (it wasn't shot in Italian or Spanish for instance) and the company producing it wasn't famous for having distributed and ruined more movies than you could handle (it's a Paramount movie).

It's a great film (I probably should have stated that above, but I have written about it here and elsewhere; nevermind only found my review of Anthony Mann's El Cid). But not only did it bomb at the box office, it cost Samuel Bronston his Spanish facility.