China O'Brien + China O'Brien 2 DVD

newgen2005

Just ordered the French DVD of China O'Brien + China O'Brien 2 (Metropolitan Vidéo) from Amazon.fr. Does anybody own this? what is it like? I already have the US DVD of the first film, so I only really got it for the second film!

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
kingofkungfu2002
Just ordered the French DVD of China O'Brien + China O'Brien 2 (Metropolitan Vidéo) from Amazon.fr. Does anybody own this? what is it like? I already have the US DVD of the first film, so I only really got it for the second film!

I have this. They're both letterbox widescreen with hardcoded French subs, but I ran it though DVDShrink and was then able to remove the French subs :wink:

I have this. They're both letterbox widescreen with hardcoded French subs, but I ran it though DVDShrink and was then able to remove the French subs :wink:

Thanks! I did wonder if the subs would be forced!. I will run it through DVDfab and rip out the subs! :tongue: I noticed there is/was a German version of the second film made by Shamrock Media, have you seen this one?

http://www.amazon.de/Cynthia-Rothrock-China-Brien-Uncut/dp/B0087EFK92/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1358891050&sr=8-2

kingofkungfu2002
Thanks! I did wonder if the subs would be forced!. I will run it through DVDfab and rip out the subs! :tongue: I noticed there is/was a German version of the second film made by Shamrock Media, have you seen this one?

http://www.amazon.de/Cynthia-Rothrock-China-Brien-Uncut/dp/B0087EFK92/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1358891050&sr=8-2

Yeah I have this one too. Anamorphic widescreen with choice of German or English audio. Plus it has a reversible dvd cover :smile:

kingofkungfu2002

Yep, I've got that one too :tongue: Not much difference between that dvd and the old region 1 release. Both are 4:3, but if you haven't got it already it's worth picking up as the region 1 dvd is out of print.

Yep, I've got that one too :tongue: Not much difference between that dvd and the old region 1 release. Both are 4:3, but if you haven't got it already it's worth picking up as the region 1 dvd is out of print.

Just ordered both!!:wink: I have the region 1 version but I really like these films so I don't mind shelling out for these editions!

Just found the artwork for Shamrock Media China O'Brien 2 DVD, if anyone wants it!!

hjcswtyx3w.jpg

xtzmj7mhldhn.jpg

kingofkungfu2002
are the uploads from the German dvd?

First is from the French dvd of China O Brien

Second is from the German dvd of Part 2

i still haven't seen part 2, what have i missed out on?

I enjoyed part 1 but wanted more..

I love Part 2 also and Keith Cook is amazing in it.

sifu iron perm
I love Part 2 also and Keith Cook is amazing in it.

is keith in part 2 also? He was badass in part one..he was wasted in king of the kickboxers!

is keith in part 2 also? He was badass in part one..he was wasted in king of the kickboxers!

Yep he's in both. Too bad he didn't play in more movies. He was great and had screen presence and charisma.

I received the German DVD of China O'Brien 2 today, very nice quality and it doesn't have forced subtitles!! I got the French DVD the other day of China O'Brien, I wouldn't say the picture quality is as good as the double edition release containing China O'Brien 1 & 2!

Yep he's in both. Too bad he didn't play in more movies. He was great and had screen presence and charisma.

Just saw Keith in HEATSEEKER again and wished the final fight between him and Gary Daniels could have been much better.

Keith is now an instructor these days, here's his site: http://www.keithcookestudio.com

Keith does some amazing bootwork in part 2, especially in a scene where he must use his kicks when he has his hands tied behind his back and he even takes on Billy Blanks in a short fight as well as take on Chris Casamassa in two short brawls.

Archived