Korea's New MMA Movie 'Fists of Legend' (2013)

One Armed Boxer

One Armed Boxer

Based on an internet comic & being directed by Kang Woo-seok (the 'Public Enemy' series, 'Silmido'), 'Fists of Legend' tells the story of a group of friends who used to be legendary for their fighting skills back in their high school days, competing in MMA tournaments for the impressive prize money. The first teaser trailer is out, and looks promising -

bInpFdp4oCU

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ShaOW!linDude

Hah! Cool beans! Just saw the article for this on Twitch and was going to post a thread about it but lo and behold, you've already got one! And you have a trailer, too. Twitch didn't.

It does look intriguing. Would like to see a little more of the choreography to be sure. Never know, OAB. Could be a contender for your submission to the Korean Film festival.:wink:

One Armed Boxer
Never know, OAB. Could be a contender for your submission to the Korean Film festival.

How ironic your words turned out to be....it was!

Pretty good stuff, a lot more of the run-time was dedicated to the action that I expected to be, which is a positive thing! Check out my full review here -

http://koreanfilmfestivalinaustralia.blogspot.com.au/2013/08/koffia-2013-review-fists-of-legend.html

I'm just about finished with this movie and I have to be honest...I freaking love it so far!!! It's definitely Korea's answer (not version) to WARRIOR. Great cast (especially Hwang Jeong-Min...one scene just made this the 3rd MA film to make me shed a tear, behind BEST OF THE BEST and its Bollywood remake LAHORE), great story mixing in present with flashbacks to get a full understanding of the characters, and as always love Jung Doo-Hong's fight choreography.

I have 1/2 hour left...just in time to see the third and final act!!! :) Will have a review up tonight!!!

One Armed Boxer
ShaOW!linDude
How ironic your words turned out to be....it was!

Pretty good stuff, a lot more of the run-time was dedicated to the action that I expected to be, which is a positive thing! Check out my full review here -

http://koreanfilmfestivalinaustralia.blogspot.com.au/2013/08/koffia-2013-review-fists-of-legend.html

Don't know how I missed this. That's an excellent review, OAB.

Archived