Fantasy Recast- Street Fighter The Movie 1994

TibetanWhiteCrane

TibetanWhiteCrane

Fantasy Recast- Street Fighter The Movie 1994

Ok, imagine it's 1994, you have an actual good script (not the one Steven DeSouza wrote in ten hours, and preferably one that puts Ryu and Ken front and center) for the first Street Fighter movie based on the Capcom video game, and you're in charge of casting..... who would you choose??

The Actual cast

Guile- Jean Claude Van Damme

M. Bison- Raul Julia

Chun Li- Ming Na Wen

Ryu- Byron Mann

Ken- Damian Chapa

Cammy- Kylie Minogue

Balrog- Grand L. Bush

Zangief- Andrew Bryniarski

Vega- Jay Tavare

Sagat- Wes Studi

Blanka- Robert Mammone/Kim Repia

E. Honda- Peter Navy Tuiasosopo

Deejay- Miguel A. Nunez Jr.

T. Hawk- Gregg Rainwater

Dhalsim- Roshan Seth

My Cast

Guile- Jerry 'golden boy' Trimble

The screenfighting skills are in place, so all you have to do is trim the mullet and turn it into a spiky do. Throw some camo garb, dogtags and a stars & stripes tat on him and bingo! We have ourselves an all-american Guile...... without the bad dye job and thick accent.

M. Bison- Richard Norton

With all respect to the late Raul Julia, Bison is big and scary, not small and ailing. So who better than the thunder from down under that is Richard Norton, to don the cap and cape of the big boss himself? Screenfighting skills and square jaw already included.

Chun Li- Moon Lee

Perhaps a little light in the thigh department, though I would still say that Miss Moon would be the best bet for feisty whirlwind kicker Chun Li. She's chinese, she's cute, she can actually fight... and be honest, you're already picturing her in that blue outfit and princess Leia hairbuns aren't you?

Ryu- Keith Cooke Hirabayashi

Do I really need to make a case for this guy? He may only be 50% japanese, but he's 100% awesome! A well rounded martial artist, who im sure, if given a little time to practice, could actually fire a genuine Hadouken from his palms.

Ken- Gary Daniels

Hmmm... I wonder where I got this idea from. Hell, we've already seen him in the costume, we know he kicks ass, and can do an american accent. I don't think any further evidence is needed here.

Cammy- Sophia Crawford

British... check. Buff... check. Fighting skills... check. Rock hard ass... check. Ok, we're done.

Balrog- Grand L. Bush

Actually, im gonna stick with the original casting here. Thought Grand was pretty good, and looked the part.

Zangief- Andrew Bryniarski

Again, im gonna stick with the original casting here. Bryniarski was dead on as the big russian wrestler. Though he would have to do more fighting here.... I wanna see that atomic piledriver in action.

Vega- Daniel Bernhardt

Hmm.. who can play a vain, self obsessed spanish matador ninja? Why not this swiss prettyboy model with fighting skills? Ok, mask... claw... fake ponytail... GO!

Sagat- Ong Soo Han

Actually in the movie, but in some thankless minor part. Nope, move him up front! He's got the height, he's got the skills. All he needs is a head shave, a massive chest scar and to borrow Simon Rhee's eyepatch from Best Of The Best, and we're good.

Blanka- Benny 'the jet' Urqidez

Also in the movie, again stuck in the back... insulting. I can't think of anyone else who could pull off the brazilian swamp monster. Benny's stocky, kinda beastly, latino... and can master any style of fighting you put in front of him. Im sure barrel rolls and electric force field is not out of his range. Slap on the green paint and the orange haystack and we're golden.

E. Honda- Kitao Koji

Big ass japanese wrestler playing big ass japanese wrestler... inspired.

Deejay- Billy Blanks

Helloooo... a black kickboxer with hair braids! Im not even gonna try and sell this one... the cinematic masterpiece that is King Of The Kickboxers is all the proof I need... KHAAAAAAN!!!

T. Hawk- Sonny Landham

Big hulking indian dude who likes to fight... one answer... Sonny Landham.

Dhalsim- Michel Qissi

How about a Dhalsim who can actually fight?! He can pull off bald, and if he's open to wearing fake eyelids, he will surely not mind wearing fake stretchy arms and legs.

Fei Long- Robin Shou

I know, I know... Fei Long wasn't in the movie, as he was deemed "too generic", but damn it, I want him in there. And who better than Liu Kang... I mean Robin Shou to portray a cocky HK martial arts actor, since well.... Shou was a HK martial arts actor. Serious skills, no language barrier.

On top of this, I would bring in Tony Leung Siu Hung to do the action, and as director, well im not really sure, but whoever you pick, it couldn't be any worse than the actual film!

So those were my picks.....

Would love to hear yours...

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not really familiar enough with the movie or the computer game to be honest but the one name I kept expecting you to include was Cynthia Rothrock.

TibetanWhiteCrane

I could have gone with Rothrock for Cammy instead of Sophia Crawford, But Crawford is just more Cammy-like to me than Cyndi.

Archived