Gone in Sixty Seconds

Remember the Titans

Pearl Harbor

Black Hawk Down

Pirates of the Caribbean Quadrilogy

National Treasure 1-2

Deja Vu

Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time

Who do you prefer and who has been the more influential movie producer?

ShaOW!linDude

My vote is for Joel Silver. I like a lot of Bruckheimer's films but I rarely rewatch them. The ones you've listed under JS I find to be more in line with my preference for entertainment and I'm more prone to dig one of those out and watch it again.

Have to give the edge to Joel. Many great 80's classics.

Jerry has had some excellent big-budget popcorn flix that have been fun to watch.

BevCop and TopG are still 80's gold.

both have had their good movies and bad movies, so it's really quite hard to choose with various favourites in both camps. The one thing I will say is that neither have made any great action movies in recent times, in my honest opinion anyway.

TibetanWhiteCrane

I would be careful with giving producers that much credit for the final outcome of a film, as the role of producer is extremely loose and hard to define. The actual efforts of a producer can range from finding and championing the project, finding the finances, finding the on and off screen talent etc. to getting an empty courtesy credit without spending as much as an hours work towards the finished film.

• Like 1

ShaOW!linDude
I would be careful with giving producers that much credit for the final outcome of a film, as the role of producer is extremely loose and hard to define. The actual efforts of a producer can range from finding and championing the project, finding the finances, finding the on and off screen talent etc. to getting an empty courtesy credit without spending as much as an hours work towards the finished film.

Heard that! Some movies have so many individual producer credits at the beginning that they rival the end credits of the film.:tongue:

Good thread. For me they are two sides of the same coin.I think they should actually merge and form a parent production company yet still make individual films for longevity of the type of stuff they do. Let us also not forget that Roland Emmerich guy though he is my least favourite of the three.

Cognoscente
On 1/20/2013 at 6:43 PM, TibetanWhiteCrane said:

In the December 1993 issue of Empire magazine, Wesley Snipes referred to Joel Silver as a "very hands-on" producer during the making of Demolition Man.

It was because of Joel that we got to have the full-on military assault with the guerrillas in Predator.

• Like 2