Enter the Dragon - 40th Blu Ray Cover

sdog2006

sifu iron perm
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/ref=pe_172280_28692270_pe_row_1b3/?ASIN=B00BPJ5Z96

Is this the final art..? Not sure if I dig it yet. I do like the claw marks across the logo, though.

BTW, scroll down the amazon page for some other cult awesomeness coming to BD - namely, THE MAD MAX TRILOGY and THE HOWLING SPECIAL EDITION!

The howling artwork is amazing..talk about eye-catching.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Amazon UK had a 15th April release date - region free, as well, IIRC - on the site this past week but it has since gone.

In it's place is the US June release, showing as an "import".

So...no UK release? Surely not!

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/ref=pe_172280_28692270_pe_row_1b3/?ASIN=B00BPJ5Z96

Is this the final art..? Not sure if I dig it yet. I do like the claw marks across the logo, though.

BTW, scroll down the amazon page for some other cult awesomeness coming to BD - namely, THE MAD MAX TRILOGY and THE HOWLING SPECIAL EDITION!

I spotted those two as well. Damn :neutral:, I was hoping to get a shot at doing that cover for THE HOWLING (a fave horror film of mine). Shout Factory has shown interest in having me do paintings for some covers. They considered me for the Bruce Lee set... but unfortunately it was decided to just go with photos instead. I don't think they know that I spent the first 30 years of my life drawing 90% monsters, aliens, horror and sci-fi stuff (the other 10% were portraits, landscapes and animals). So they sort of only see me as a guy that does just "martial artwork". I need to post some of my creepy crawly stuff...

The howling artwork is amazing..talk about eye-catching.

:tinysmile_angry2_t: I must admit... I do dig it. But I am a tiny bit bitter I didn't get a shot at it. :squigglemouth:

I spotted those two as well. Damn :neutral:, I was hoping to get a shot at doing that cover for THE HOWLING (a fave horror film of mine). Shout Factory has shown interest in having me do paintings for some covers. They considered me for the Bruce Lee set... but unfortunately it was decided to just go with photos instead. I don't think they know that I spent the first 30 years of my life drawing 90% monsters, aliens, horror and sci-fi stuff (the other 10% were portraits, landscapes and animals). So they sort of only see me as a guy that does just "martial artwork". I need to post some of my creepy crawly stuff...

:tinysmile_angry2_t: I must admit... I do dig it. But I am a tiny bit bitter I didn't get a shot at it. :squigglemouth:

Where's Bruce?

:angel:

I was hoping to get a shot at doing that cover for THE HOWLING (a fave horror film of mine). Shout Factory has shown interest in having me do paintings for some covers. They considered me for the Bruce Lee set... :tinysmile_angry2_t: I must admit... I do dig it. But I am a tiny bit bitter I didn't get a shot at it. :squigglemouth:

Bro, when I first saw that cover I thought, nice - but Bob would've done a better job!

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB
Where's Bruce?

:angel:

It's coming! :smile::wink::angel::xd:

Bro, when I first saw that cover I thought, nice - but Bob would've done a better job!

:smile: Thanks man! Maybe I'll do one just to show 'em. :angel:

OpiumKungFuCracker

If Kungfubob starts doing covers for shout factory, I will buy every cover made, I don't care if the movie sucks you got my support

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB
If Kungfubob starts doing covers for shout factory, I will buy every cover made, I don't care if the movie sucks you got my support

Oh dude, that's so nice of you to say that. :wink: Thanks!

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB
Bob this is your work?

BL_WOTD_GOD_Cover72dpi.jpg

No, I did not do this cover. They decided to use photos instead of me creating original art. So far I haven't done any art for Shout Factory, just asked if I was interested in doing some, and I replied with a resounding "YES!" :bigsmile:

I was referring to a separate Bruce Lee project I'm doing. When it's ready I'll announce it here on the forum.

... I was referring to a separate Bruce Lee project I'm doing. When it's ready I'll announce it here on the forum.

You know I need a heads-up, before you go public...

:nerd:

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB
You know I need a heads-up, before you go public...

:nerd:

I know. :bigsmile: You've been asking for this since the first week you ever saw my art! :wink:

Is this the 40th anniversary disc? It looks like a re-issue of the last blu ray but it seems strange that it would come out months before the new version, or is the 40th anniversary one not coming out in the UK?

Is this the 40th anniversary disc? It looks like a re-issue of the last blu ray but it seems strange that it would come out months before the new version, or is the 40th anniversary one not coming out in the UK?

Warner Bros are releasing this one to coincide with their 90th anniversary and the 40th Anniversary edition of Enter the Dragon will be out later in the year.

Don't ask, load of bollocks.

Warner Bros are releasing this one to coincide with their 90th anniversary and the 40th Anniversary edition of Enter the Dragon will be out later in the year.

Don't ask, load of bollocks.

and I per-ordered this one too :(

I pre-ordered the one listed on Amazon.co.uk and discovered that is wasn't the 40th Ann edition, I forgot to cancel it and they dispatched it on Friday :(

I pre-ordered the one listed on Amazon.co.uk and discovered that is wasn't the 40th Ann edition, I forgot to cancel it and they dispatched it on Friday :(

:xd:

I'm sorry to laugh, but that is hilarious. If it were something you really wanted to get your hands on-it'll take forever...

:xd:

I'm sorry to laugh, but that is hilarious. If it were something you really wanted to get your hands on-it'll take forever...

Yeah like my Blu-ray of Chinese Zodiac, dispatched ages and still not here!! :tinysmile_angry2_t:

I wonder why WB UK have released ETD again (the one I brought by mistake)??

Guest Markgway
I wonder why WB UK have released ETD again (the one I brought by mistake)??

It's a cash grab. Warner are re-releasing many of their pre-existing titles, even ENTER and THE EXORCIST, which are both due anniversary editions later this year. No offence, but I think they were trying to fool people like yourself. Just return it unopened.

Was just checking the running time on the one I ordered UK Pal (93mins) and the one Kowloon linked German Pal running time (103mins) What is the correct running time for monk scene version?

Not sure when the UK will release the 40th edition! also which version to pre-order, German or US!! :tongue:

Archived