Enter the Dragon - 40th Blu Ray Cover

sdog2006

Killer Meteor

It's hilarious how the old UK covers painted over the nunchuck, making it look like Bruce is wielding a bendy rubber bar.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
sifu iron perm
It's hilarious how the old UK covers painted over the nunchuck, making it look like Bruce is wielding a bendy rubber bar.

yeah, over some damn nunchucks..this country cracks me up sometimes.

I wonder if HKL would have existed if it weren't for the BBFC changing their stupid rules? I bet they made some serious money releasing the uncut Bruce Lee films!

Chris Alexis - aka Shaolin Video certainly cashed in on it before the BBFC had a change of heart! :)

Killer Meteor

If memory serves me right, the BBFC had no problem with them...it was James Ferman.

The original UK theatre runs for Enter The Dragon and Fist Of Fury had the nunchaku scenes intact.

If memory serves me right, the BBFC had no problem with them...it was James Ferman.

The original UK theatre runs for Enter The Dragon and Fist Of Fury had the nunchaku scenes intact.

Did James Ferman work for the BBFC?

I remember having pirate copies of the Rank videos, FOF,GOD, had the Nunchaku's, the double Nunchaku's were edited in WOTD! And the WB tape was complete!!

Did James Ferman work for the BBFC?

I remember having pirate copies of the Rank videos, FOF,GOD, had the Nunchaku's, the double Nunchaku's were edited in WOTD! And the WB tape was complete!!

The original Rank release of FOF was uncut, with both nunchaka scenes intact, but the original Rank release of Game of Death only had a tiny clip of Dan Inosanto wielding the nunchakas during the opening credits. The actual fight with Dan Inosanto was cut out completely.

That fight didn't show up in an official UK release until HKL acquired the rights.

Killer Meteor

Ferman did indeed head the BBFC from 1975 to 1999, but the nunchuck policy was his own bete noire, as was the video banning of The Exorcist.

Killer Meteor
Just as well he cleared off then! :)

Yeah, it was getting to the point where they were cutting Bruce Lee POSTERS out of movie scenes.

Guest Markgway
but the original Rank release of Game of Death only had a tiny clip of Dan Inosanto wielding the nunchakas during the opening credits.

Ferman made Rank freeze frame that tiny image for the certified VHS.

The BBFC listed the opening and closing credit change cuts at 2 secs (as the Inosanto and Jabbar cuts within the film had been made before submission).

As well as that freeze frame, the shot of Bruce with double nunchakus from WAY (as his name appears) was also removed. A throat chop (from FIST) and a few other bits were altered. Clearly more than the official '2 secs' recorded.

This is going by what ther BBFC told me.

http://www.bbfc.co.uk/releases/game-death

Ferman made Rank freeze frame that tiny image for the certified VHS.

The BBFC listed the opening and closing credit change cuts at 2 secs (as the Inosanto and Jabbar cuts within the film had been made before submission).

As well as that freeze frame, the shot of Bruce with double nunchakus from WAY (as his name appears) was also removed. A throat chop (from FIST) and a few other bits were altered. Clearly more than the official '2 secs' recorded.

This is going by what ther BBFC told me.

http://www.bbfc.co.uk/releases/game-death

Well they did freeze frame on WAY "single" nunchaka burst and Inosanto credit sequence but kept the soundtrack running so that wouldn't really alter the running time between the 1982 release and the certified Rank.

Either way it was a shit version and they probably just said 2 seconds because an alteration had been made.

sifu iron perm
It was on ITV4 last week, too. Usual extended version.

remind me..

kung fu night (bbc 2) also played this exact version?

Killer Meteor
remind me..

kung fu night (bbc 2) also played this exact version?

The one in 2001? Yep, Nunchucks too - a month before they returned to UK home video.

Followed by Operation Condor, cool night!

sifu iron perm
The one in 2001? Yep, Nunchucks too - a month before they returned to UK home video.

Followed by Operation Condor, cool night!

1996..followed by kung fu hip hop then prodigal son.

Guest Markgway

The 90s Kung Fu Night screening was censored, IIRC.

(I thought it was more like '97 or '98?)

A Touch of Zen was also on.

A Touch of Zen was also on.

I still have that entire nights viewing on VHS somewhere.

Reel Power Stunts

It was the summer of 97. I remember it well.

Killer Meteor

Ah, they'd correct it by the 2004 showing.

I think the crummy UK dvd is just the BBC broadcast version.

Looks like the UK edition is out before the US one! US - 11th June and UK 15th April!

Where did you get confirmation of the UK date buddy?

Archived