Enter the Dragon - 40th Blu Ray Cover

sdog2006

Hi Guys

On a Blu Ray forum a post was put up by a bloke who claims that Warner have reserved this artwork for the forthcoming 40th anniversary edition.

I just pray that the special features are unconfirmed because if these are legit they can go to hell. They appear on one of the artworks included.

post-11034-144191894748_thumb.jpg

post-11034-144191894751_thumb.jpg

post-11034-144191894754_thumb.jpg

post-11034-144191894756_thumb.jpg

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The third one looks the best, at least where the front cover is concerned, but those extras are pretty much placeholder text. It was already confirmed that there would at least be a new documentary about the Shaolin Temple produced by John Little, and even that isn't listed. But yeah, if they haven't come up with anything that we haven't already seen in the last 9 years, what's the point?

On the Enter the Dragon bluray I have, the bonus features, including the "Blood and Steel" documentary is in letterbox 4:3 format. What's that all about?! On the dvd they were anamorphic and on the bluray they're not!? :neutral:

sifu iron perm

like many on here and elsewhere , after hundreds plus times of viewing this film still bring chills down my spine when viewing it again..

shannon lee said on a recent youtube vid that they're presently working on a mini-doc for this. she hasn't even watched bl my brother lol. dave friedman has a 40th anniversary ENTER book coming out - that looks good.

sifu iron perm
shannon lee said on a recent youtube vid that they're presently working on a mini-doc for this. she hasn't even watched bl my brother lol. dave friedman has a 40th anniversary ENTER book coming out - that looks good.

interesting, the Robert Clouse book was a good read.

Personally speaking, if this edition is released without the Ahna Capri footage, in top condition, then I will be totally repulsed. Even though we've seen it, we deserve it in the best condition possible and it's not a big ask anymore.

I'm not interested in talking heads and we've heard every story and anecdote going. Give us footage of the guy we watch the f*cking film for :(

Personally speaking, if this edition is released without the Ahna Capri footage, in top condition, then I will be totally repulsed. Even though we've seen it, we deserve it in the best condition possible and it's not a big ask anymore.

I'm not interested in talking heads and we've heard every story and anecdote going. Give us footage of the guy we watch the f*cking film for :(

I doubt this will be on there as isn't it in the hands of a Japanese private collector...like loads of rare Bruce footage??

To be honest the only thing I was impressed with on the Ahna Capri footage was Bruce's closing speed when he was shutting down Bob Wall. What happened to the footage of the fight between Bruce and the extra that was supposedly on there along with Bruce doing the cha cha with Bolo?

I doubt this will be on there as isn't it in the hands of a Japanese private collector...like loads of rare Bruce footage??

To be honest the only thing I was impressed with on the Ahna Capri footage was Bruce's closing speed when he was shutting down Bob Wall. What happened to the footage of the fight between Bruce and the extra that was supposedly on there along with Bruce doing the cha cha with Bolo?

Well portions of it appeared on I Am Bruce Lee so, for me, it is accessible. There needs to be something decent on a 40th Anniversary Edition because horseshit of Shannon Lee showing her Dad's notes and old men talking limply into a camera doesn't cut it anymore.

Never heard of fight footage being shot by Ahna Capri. Some potato head made the mistake of saying Lee and Wall were "sparring", which turned out to be nothing more than a side kick exhibition. The Cha Cha was on there but Bolo wasn't involved.

The Japanese guy;s bought the footage and the copyright to the footage for a large sum. He later found out that although he bought the rights to it, Warner Bros still had some rights too, because it was shot on their movie set. He is not happy about this, to say the least.

Oh well. At least it means we have the chance of seeing it on this future release. :wink: Although you just know it's not gonna be on there.

If any new footage (outtakes no doubt) does appear on the bluray, you can bet it'll just be lightly sprinkled through new documentary. A few second snippets here and there. They'll want to keep some for Enter the Dragon 50th. :wink:

Yeah.. I believe we'll finally see it all on the 100TH Anniversary Edition, complete with confessions of Raymond Chow interview.

I might be wrong, but Warner's usual pattern with these anniversary releases of previously released titles is to simply repackage the existing version in a digibook and possibly include a bonus DVD with some kind of documentary on it (see Goodfellas and Full Metal Jacket). I can't see them doing a new transfer or many new extras unless they've been confirmed already.

Guest Markgway

The extras are worse that the last BD - they've dropped A Warrior's Journey and added a couple of featurettes.Big wow! No deleted scenes! No mention of original mono or the theatrical cut! I think this maybe another dud with slightly better picture.

Archived