Chow Sing Chi's new movie???

popsjnr

I've just recieved a garbled sub-space transmission via Facebook, from famed Hung Gar si-fu (and longtime friend of my teacher) Chiu Chi Ling, where he's talking in pidgin English about a new Hung Gar film and he talks about Hung Hei Goon and Fong Wing Chun etc...

accompanying the words are stlls featuring Chow Sing Chi, loooking like he's directing this new movie (thought he was doing Journey to the West???), and has him putting his actress Shu Qi in Hung Gar's single finger pose???(Hung Gar definitely wasnt around when Monkey was about???), i have asked Chiu si-fu what the movie's called...

Anyone here know????

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It seems like it's "Journey to the West" as that's the only film right now starring Shu Qi and being directed by Chow. Perhaps he took some liberties and included Hung Gar in the film.

yeah I have just checked the teaser trailer for it and Shu Qi is definitely wearing the same clothes as in these production stills, so it's the Journey to the West movie...

just wonder why Chiu Chi Ling sent out the message he did to accompany the shots???

Anyone would think it was the ultimate Hung Gar movie the way he was talking....

but Chow Sing Chi if you read this, Shaolin hadnt been built so Da Mo's Yik Gun Ging didnt even exist when Sun Wu Kung was journeying Westwards, so the single finger Tendon exercises that eventually became those Hung Gar poses hadnt been thought of yet!!!!....

Yeah Chow's movies have never been historically accurate and all that b##locks. like most HK period fliks they bend the facts/places and all that jazz...

but it was Chiu Chi Ling's message that went with the shots that threw me, he's off chatting about about Hung Gar training, the famous Hung Gar masters and all that, and made it sound as if THIS was going to be a Hung Gar movie....

False advertising Chiu si-fu TUT TUT

TibetanWhiteCrane

Maybe some curly haired guy knocked him on the head while watching a Hung Gar demo at the night market, and he got confused...... could've happened.

Archived