Chopsticks/Calligraphy Fights?

SamSeed

I was just wondering if anybody could recommend any good chopsticks/calligraphy fights? I've seen the one between Yuen Siu Tien and Hwang Jang Lee in Dance of the Drunk Mantis and the fight with Kwan Tak-hing in Magnificent Butcher. I love the intricate choreography of them, are there any other good ones?

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kwok Choi fights with chopsticks in Shaolin Rescuers, you might also like the Mystery of Chessboxing, cool kung fu/chess match in the middle of that one.

ShaOW!linDude

Jackie Chan has a good chopstick duel in Fearless Hyena and Sammo does some cool kung fu (not a fight though) while writing calligraphy in The Prodigal Son.

(Amended my post. The clip of JC's chopstick schtick was the one I was thinking of that forum member jrcma posted and is from Fearless Hyena and not Drunken Master.)

The greatest chopsticks fight is in "Hitman in the Hand of Buddha." It's absolutely superb.

As for calligraphy fights? "The Magnificent Butcher" has a pretty great one early on in the film.

Training scenes in THE FEARLESS HYENA

L8JVqRlfLOE

&

THE EAGLE'S KILLER

at 2:23

MJbKubWuBBE

The greatest chopsticks fight is in "Hitman in the Hand of Buddha." It's absolutely superb.

Certainly chopsticks at 2:16 but this one is worth watching the whole fight.

hzrmmFvZXx0

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG

The Return of the Bastard Swordsman.

When our hero, the fortuneteller, meets the young man he will help defeat the villain.

GD Y-Y

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG

There are also the restaurant fights where the hero or heroine has such strength as to wield chopsticks and throw them with such a force they are usually embedded in someone face specially the forehead. Dropping them instantly soon to die

Also we have the antagonists attack our guy or gal at their table and they pick up some chopsticks and put them through the baddies hand and the table top too!

Try throwing a chopstick. They are so light, one really needs to have great skills to achieve the results already sited.

GD Y-Y

I just saw Buddhist Fist and noticed a short chop stick fight in that movie. I dont know the guys name that is in the fight, but he plays a Munster type character I really loved! Am I the only guy who really got a kick out of the Holy Ghost Claw?? That was great!!:nerd:

Archived