Yellowthread Street 1990 UK tv show

TibetanWhiteCrane

TibetanWhiteCrane

Bey mentioned this show on several commentaries (in not flattering terms) and since I love the vibe of HK in that time period I got kinda interested. Is it any good? I know it only ran for one season, and obviously it's not gonna involve HK style action, but I really enjoyed the HK set episode(s) of Robbie Coltrane's Cracker, so maybe this is worth a look too. Is it available in any way? Looked around, without luck.

I remember Bey saying that Bruce Payne was a bit of a dick, and that Melvin Wong appeared on the show.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A full set of all 13 episodes is currently available from US site Ioffer.com.

Think there’s a few sellers on there that have it – here’s one:

http://gb.ioffer.com/i/yellowthread-street-complete-series-195696788

I’ve seen two eps from this set – all VHS rips but very nice, to be fair.

BUT it might be worth waiting a little longer as the show has just had it’s first ever repeat, on the satellite channel ITV Granada, so better quality rips will hopefully pop up soon.

It got VERY mixed reviews back in the day but I loved the show. Why it has never been repeated until recently is a mystery.

My personal favourite episode, if memory servers me, was the one with the hospital siege – very HARD BOILED-esque!

Great international cast, too.

TibetanWhiteCrane

Thanks for chiming in, guys. Saw a few clips on YouTube, and it looked really interesting. Wish it would get a proper release, but the chances of that are most likely slim to none.

And is it just me, or does Bruce Payne look a lot like Bey in this show? Bey could've easily doubled him.

Archived