Sammo Hung's Dont give a Damn

tenebre

is there a decent version or this?

the US release "Burger Cop" is screwed!!!!!

it runs cantonese in left channel and mandarin in right!!!!!

its insanity!

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ShaOW!linDude

There is no decent version of this on dvd to my knowledge.

Be a sweet project for someone like Jamal or Fusubs or the other guys who like remastering films. (Hint, hint!)

All copies of Burger Cop ought to be burned to prevent anyone from wasting their hard-earned bucks. I think that has suckered a number of folks.

i have the Thunder Media dvd which has mandarin only and is 4:3 letterboxed. it is nice but i have read it is a rip of the laserdisc. I also have the Universe laserdisc which has both languages and is probably your best bet.

TibetanWhiteCrane

Overall, the 90's were not kind to Sammo.... and that's putting it mildly. Or maybe it was the other way around....

If you consider what an industry force and trendsetter he was in the 70's and 80's, it's quite astounding just how far he fell in the 90's.

The finale with Sammo, Collin Chou and Robert Samuels should be watched at any cost, one of Sammo's best achievements in action choreography. Otherwise, the movie ain't worth watching more than once.

I havent seen it yet! :-( haha

its the only Sammo movie i dont have so i "need" it to fulfill my OCD ;-)

thanks!

ShaOW!linDude
There is no decent version of this on dvd to my knowledge.

Please disregard this statement. Obviously, my knowledge is lacking.:tongue: Glad to learn there are some suitable versions available. I actually kind of like this movie....but that's me.

Son Of A Gun

I like it too. It's not as bad as some people are saying. It's not great, but it's not bad either. It's fun if anything.

And like someone said... my custom dvd is on the ADC forum right now, and it's free leeching week, so it won't affect your ratio.

I took the Taiwan dvd print. semi widescreen, with embedded theatrical subs, and I dubbed the cantonese audio track onto it. That's all. Had to be done.

So the dvd titled "Burger Cop" doesn't have an english dubbed version on it? I heard it did.

:sad:

sifu iron perm

how much screen time does Yuen B feature in it?Also, who were the actors dressed up as the fake rastas that caused a stir..??

how much screen time does Yuen B feature in it?Also, who were the actors dressed up as the fake rastas that caused a stir..??

Yuen Biao and Takeshi Kaneshiro both did. Takeshi did it to help out Sammo not knowing Yuen already volunteered ahead of him.

Yuen Biu co-stars along with Sammo (and Takeshi Kaneshiro). Haven't seen the film in a while, but he's present throughout the whole film from memory.

this movie was the start of the end for samo, with his bizarre camerwork, and this movie has blatant racism as well, not a fan of this one.

ShaOW!linDude

Biao is a main character so he figures into the film quite a bit. His and Sammo's characters are friendly yet very antagonistic. If memory serves me correctly, they have a fight in a locker room that's pretty cool. Biao's part in the end fight is more comedic that combative, I think, and I was a bit disappointed in that but it's been years since I've gotten to see this.

The "black-face" stereotype is used but it's such an absurdly over the top portrayal that it's funny in that "I can't believe they did this" manner.

TibetanWhiteCrane

I bet a lot of the people who was offended by Sammo's use of blackface in ETFD and DGAD laughed their ass off when Rob Schneider did yellowface in as recent a movie as I Now Pronounce You Chuck And Larry! Weird how it's still ok to make fun of asians...... and for that matter, latinos, arabs etc. just not black people.

and if i can remember the subtitles said something like black people rape and kill every 6 seconds having that and so so action, didnt do it for me to be honest.

TibetanWhiteCrane

Yes, the black rapist stereotype jokes was pretty pathetic, I agree. And even without all that stuff, still a crappy movie, you're right.

Archived