Wang Tao interview in English.

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG

I do not know if this has been POSTED before.

Wang Tao went to school in the good ole USA my friends.

GD Y-Y

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG

Wow! I do believe Wang Tao gives an in depth analysis of his journey making, I think 'Secret Rivals' his second film with Wong (the leg fighter).

Secret Rivals took one month to film>

GD Y-Y

Yes, a very nice interview. I watched this about 6 months ago. Forget the disc it was on.

He is one of my fav indie MA actors and I spoke with him a few times via FB.

I have a framed poster of the Hot/Cool/Vic in my home office and sent him a pic. He really dug that.

I've seen that interview on one of the Kung Fu Theatre DVDs, NINJA THUNDERBOLT I think it was.

I think this was an extra feature on Soulblades's The Secret Rivals part one dvd and I think Toby Russell was the person Interviewing Wang Tao.It could possibly have been made specifically for the Soulblade dvd release.

TibetanWhiteCrane

Yeah, I think it was.

The two commentaries for Secret Rivals and Along Comes The Tiger are also awesome listens. Wang Tao sounds exactly like Al Pacino doing a chinese accent, and gives up a wealth of info. And he's not afraid to speak the truth. Man he rips John Liu a new one on the SR comm. Good stuff!

Wang Tao sounds exactly like Al Pacino doing a chinese accent, and gives up a wealth of info.

Haha! Nail-on-the-head there.

Yeah, wish he did more or other artists would do commentaries/interviews like him.

I've seen enough of Jackie, Sammo, etc. Want to hear from the others.

I remember this interview from the Secret Rivals dvd! It's amazing that Soul Blade managed to include this interview and a audio commentary with Wang Tao. It's one of the few commentaries I've listened to multiple times as I really enjoyed it and he told some interesting stories.

I think this was an extra feature on Soulblades's The Secret Rivals part one dvd and I think Toby Russell was the person Interviewing Wang Tao.It could possibly have been made specifically for the Soulblade dvd release.

I'd love to hear that one. May have to track it down just for the commentary.

Haha! Nail-on-the-head there.

Yeah, wish he did more or other artists would do commentaries/interviews like him.

I've seen enough of Jackie, Sammo, etc. Want to hear from the others.

I agree, there are enough actors out there still who are now realizing their work has a following in the west.

Wang does sound like an old New Yorker. Think of the old Jewish guy portrayed by Eddie Murphy in Coming to America.

Yeah definitely sounds like Toby guess Kung Fu Theatre nicked it, there probably bootlegs any way.

Archived