Where's the best place to order Shaw Bros DVDs?

Guest Markgway

TibetanWhiteCrane

They always mark everything as gift. I noticed that the few times my stuff from them got nabbed in customs, it was over 6 dvds, so I kept it under 6 from then on. Maybe bigger packages are more eyecatching.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Back when Celestials first started coming out I used to use YesAsia. Then I switched to CdWow for a while.

Last year, when I wanted to fill a few holes in my collection I used DDDHouse, and would say they were excellent. Never got any customs charges at all, and had some large-ish orders - perhaps I was lucky!

Guest Markgway

Argh! I managed to get a copy of Dragon Swamp off e-bay, but... there was a hideous sticker on the top left of the sleeve. Yes, ON the sleeve. Naturally, I peeled this unsightly thing off - carefully, as always - and the damn thing took the paper with it! I'm left with a mess. Anyone know if ALL copies of Dragon Swamp have this ghastly sticker? I got a copy of Intimate Confessions (from the same seller) and it was perfect.

You can also try ethaicd, vcddvd88 and thaimegamart, perhaps that there are still some movies available. Moviesuper has also a few Shaws available, but they don't accept paypal...

DDDhouse claims to have Killers Five in stock...

http://www.dddhouse.com/v3/product_details.php?ProductID=4164

EDIT: I have not read the entire thread so apologies if theres any reason you dont or cant use DDDhouse :)

EDIT 2: I too am collecting some, not all, IVLs got about 50 now, I've ordered Tiger Killer from Yesasia, but they are "requiring stock" as my status, and state it will be cancelled and my money refunded if they cant source it in the source period, but my question is, does/has anyone done this with Yesasia before and have any idea how long the "Source Period" is?

I'm currently waiting from an old tvb series from Yesasia since 3 weeks.

I don't think you have to worry, they are very reliable.

If you can't get Tiger killer, send me a PM.

I would stay away from Thai Megamart. But, maybe my one bad experience was just a one time deal but things were so messed up that it soured me from future purchases with them. Though the prices were cheap, the shipping was outrageous. After not getting my order after a month or so I contacted them via email. I was informed that my package was not shipped and that some of the items I ordered were out of stock and did I want a substitute. I did end up getting a couple of decent substitutes but not what I wanted. So, after almost 3 months I get an order. Then, one of the substitute movies that I received was damaged. The cover looked like it had gotten wet but had a weird feel to it like it had been dipped in tar or something (it felt sticky, slimy). And, the disc itself had white spots all over it and totally unplayable. And, one of the other movies came in a black case instead of the traditional white one though it was sealed. WTF? Was this a boot or just used? Either way, the whole situation was not something that I want to go through again.

I would stay away from Thai Megamart. But, maybe my one bad experience was just a one time deal but things were so messed up that it soured me from future purchases with them. Though the prices were cheap, the shipping was outrageous. After not getting my order after a month or so I contacted them via email. I was informed that my package was not shipped and that some of the items I ordered were out of stock and did I want a substitute. I did end up getting a couple of decent substitutes but not what I wanted. So, after almost 3 months I get an order. Then, one of the substitute movies that I received was damaged. The cover looked like it had gotten wet but had a weird feel to it like it had been dipped in tar or something (it felt sticky, slimy). And, the disc itself had white spots all over it and totally unplayable. And, one of the other movies came in a black case instead of the traditional white one though it was sealed. WTF? Was this a boot or just used? Either way, the whole situation was not something that I want to go through again.

I have used this website and perhaps would again but as you said the shipping cost is absolutely outrageous. Having said that if you tried different amounts of discs some are better than others, making the shipping more reasonable. I can't remember if it was two or three discs that was the "sweet spot" however, you still don't know if you're going to be able to get what you want with this company. I got my order the first time and the second a full refund.

Just to update on my Tiger Killer IVL situation, i checked Yesasia just now and the Item is ready to ship, been waiting for "stock" for about 3 weeks now so im glad its all gone through and they were able to trace one down for me, the film better be worth it!! lol :bigsmile:

looks like dddhouse has some more titles back in stock. it was looking a little bare just a few months ago. but, glad to see the return of some great titles.

I got secret service of the imperial court and a few others from dddhouse recently. but not all dvd's come with slipcovers.

I ordered Lady is the Boss from fivestarlaser a month ago and they still haven't shipped my dvd.

They don't answer e-mails too so I open a dispute via paypal so I can get refunded, I should have my money back this week hopefully.

I also ordered HKL Dreadnaught dvd from SinArt website listed as in stock and they did the same thing so I got a refund today.

Avoid both of these label imo...

I ordered Lady is the Boss from fivestarlaser a month ago and they still haven't shipped my dvd.

They don't answer e-mails too so I open a dispute via paypal so I can get refunded, I should have my money back this week hopefully.

I also ordered HKL Dreadnaught dvd from SinArt website listed as in stock and they did the same thing so I got a refund today.

Avoid both of these label imo...

I ordered Lady Is The Boss back in July, right after POPS death, from Five Star Laser. Still waiting. Not that I am expecting to get it at this point either. 5 Star use to be pretty good. But, not now it seems. Ebay is your best best but with some of the Taiwanese releases, not IVL. That is where I ended up getting my copy.

Archived