Where's the best place to order Shaw Bros DVDs?

Guest Markgway

Guest Markgway

I'm looking to fill the gaps in on my Shaw Coll. (mostly IVL and a couple of Sirens) and it seems like 2/3 of the old sites have disappeared. So where's the best of what's left? It's hard enough finding decent prices never mind crippling postage costs. Also 'm based in the UK and so customs is a major factor. Any suggestions (not ebay)?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've always wondered how many units were pressed for each of these films.

It would provide us a nice gauge (though not completely accurate) on how many SB fans are out there.

While this forum is a mecca of sorts for SB fans, I've always been curious what percentage of the fanbase --

frequent this (or the other) forums. Is it 2%? 5%? 20% ...more ...less? Guess we will never know.

TibetanWhiteCrane

Over time i've seen forums in spanish, various eastern european and russian, and various asian ones. There is a lot of people out there who don't speak english, or at least not to the point where they are comfortable chiming in. We probably get a relatively small percentage of them on the english speaking forums. A lot of lurkers too, that rarely, if ever, speak up. They just soak up the info.

Interesting. I've seen German, French and Asian forums. Love to find other language forums like Russian, Spanish and Arabic.

TibetanWhiteCrane

Often when i've done image searches on Google for some kf related stuff, i've ended up on some forum where everything is in cyrilic or korean or whatever, and it had all kinds of rare pics, behind the scenes shots, foreign poster art etc. and im sure, a ton of cool info and other written stuff, only I wouldn't know, cuz I couldn't understand shit. Quite vexing.

Guest Markgway

The prices at DDD House aren't bad... but the shipping to Europe isn't so hot.

Still perhaps the best of the bunch though?

How are they for UK customs? It's been ages since I've ordered from there.

If they mark values accurately I can only order one or maybe two discs at a time. :(

TibetanWhiteCrane

DDDhouse is my go to site. They are running low on older stuff, but they are the most reliable in my experience.

TibetanWhiteCrane

Yeah, Johnny Chan is a bit of a scamp.... but in a good way:xd:

Only had one package from them caught by customs, out of maybe 200 or something....

mark, unless Yes Asia has changed that should be your safest bet for no customs bill. If I recall correctly as long as you use the cheapest form of shipping they pay any duty that may be owed. But make sure you read the terms and conditions to make sure my information is not out of date. I'm also pretty sure that they have or at least had a free shipping option once you spend over a certain amount of money, maybe it was $25?

Guest Markgway

Yes Asia's free shipping used to be for $25+ but I stopped using them when that went up to $39. Also some years back their item prices went thru the roof compared to other e-tailers. Great for customs, but I don't fancy paying almost $15 per disc.

Guest Markgway

Tried to order from DDD House and they wouldn't accept card authorisation. Double checked the details so the fault wasn't mine. Strange. Anyways I've placed an order with Buyoyo instead and that's gone OK so far.

Tried to order from DDD House and they wouldn't accept card authorisation. Double checked the details so the fault wasn't mine. Strange. Anyways I've placed an order with Buyoyo instead and that's gone OK so far.

I'm surprised they haven't fixed that issue but you should have no problems with PayPal for future reference.

Sadly the card issue is true and debit cards are also not accepted.This was an issue with most cards but wisely Johnny has added Paypal which is really cool,safe and reliable generally

I didn't put DDDHouse because Mark mentioned " It's hard enough finding decent prices never mind crippling postage costs. Also 'm based in the UK and so customs is a major factor. Any suggestions (not ebay)? "

__________________ With all due respect the service at DDDHouse is excellent and Johnny Chan is a really sincere and nice guy but in context of the opening post -not forgetting the Sirens needed - when you add postage costs and yeah UK Customs are gonna get you man unless you order 1 or 2 dvds at a time,there is not much difference with the YesAsia prices and service which I think is more UK friendly.

Guest Markgway

My Buyoyo order has shipped. Seems fair time for items not in stock (I don't think any of the Shaws are actually IN stock).

Any advice on Siren Visual titles?

My One Armed Swordsman blu-rays shipped from dddhouse the other day-despatch notice says marked as gift so hopefully no customs.

Archived