Police Story on the big screen at Prince Charles Cinema Jan 30th

TibetanWhiteCrane

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmmm prob a blu ray projection

So sick of cinemas drawing people in to see old classics then showing a blown up disc

We want celluloid

Was planning to go as I'm not too far away but thought the same thing about the blu ray projection. Maybe I'll give them a bell and find out. Will report back.

sifu iron perm
Hmmm prob a blu ray projection

So sick of cinemas drawing people in to see old classics then showing a blown up disc

We want celluloid

my man, the showing of enter the dragon was a disgrace..cut, cut and cut!!! a few folks walked out!!!

I missed out on the drunken master and 36 chamber showings.

Police story is so tempting due to my partner and sister eager to experience something like this!!

my man, the showing of enter the dragon was a disgrace..cut, cut and cut!!! a few folks walked out!!!

I missed out on the drunken master and 36 chamber showings.

Police story is so tempting due to my partner and sister eager to experience something like this!!

I went to the Drunken Master & Enter the Dragon double bill. Enter the Dragon was cut to shreds!

Drunken master continuously changed from original language and dubbed english throughout.

With that said, i gotta go see police story in the big screen!

i know this is going to hurt

i could not be there was the Enter the print that was doing the rounds in the early 80s with the end of reels missing due to damage ie the saxon /golf fight scene and such

sifu iron perm

im still thinking about going to the police story..

Does anyone go to the easternkicks free screenings of far eastern cinema (plenty of classic and modern wave Fu) ?

Borough High street every month..

I booked my ticket today. All my friends dropped out so gonna be all by my lonesome. Fingers crossed its a 35mm print. Probs unlikely though...

Just got back home. Pretty sure it was the Kam & Ronson Blu Ray they screened. Not being a particular videophile like some on this sight I have to say that I thought it looked ok blown up on the big screen. The picture certainly looked better than my HKL DVD on my projector at home. Quite bass heavy sound effects somewhat changed the dynamic of the action ever so slightly but not too over the top that it spoiled it imo.

Whilst disappointing they couldn't find an original 35mm print the film was so awesome to see on a big screen and with a crowd I couldn't help but enjoy it and for £6.50 can't complain too much.

I think there were a few people who's first time it was seeing the film and didn't quite grasp that some scenes are actually quite serious and not supposed to be comedy like they're used too with his Hollywood work, maybe they were just laughing at the over the topness of it all, I still found it thrilling.

I'd love to see more classic Chan on the big screen, his pure physical intensity really comes alive and reminds me of why he was a hero of mine growing up. I can just try and imagine what it would have been like to anticipate and witness his classics for the first time on the big screen back in the day, huge events for sure.

I was there. Yes it was a blu-ray projection. I asked the guy after if they would be showing 35mm prints and he said yes where sourceable, but there was 'no print of Police Story in the UK'

Archived