resurrection of golden wolf Q?

stills

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have you seen The Man Who Stole the Sun? I highly recommend it if you haven't. Like Resurrection, it's about an on-the-surface typical Japanese salary man who is not all that he seems.

Except get this: In The Man Who Stole the Sun, the mad genius is a high school science teacher and his secret double life is trying create a nuclear bomb in his apartment. It's also written by Paul Schrader -- so it also has some of that Taxi Driver solitary vibe to it, it has an awesome soundtrack, and it has Bunta Sugawara as a psycho cop.

But if you've already seen it, then yeah, I'd be in favor of a Resurrection remake.

Have you seen The Man Who Stole the Sun? I highly recommend it if you haven't. Like Resurrection, it's about an on-the-surface typical Japanese salary man who is not all that he seems.

Except get this: In The Man Who Stole the Sun, the mad genius is a high school science teacher and his secret double life is trying create a nuclear bomb in his apartment. It's also written by Paul Schrader -- so it also has some of that Taxi Driver solitary vibe to it, it has an awesome soundtrack, and it has Bunta Sugawara as a psycho cop.

This is a HUGE cult classic, directed by the legendary Kazuhiko Hasegawa who only ever directed two films on his career (the other one is The Youth Killer from 1976). He worked as a screenwriter in some other remarkable films, too, such as the police corruption thriller Retreat Through the Wet Wasteland (1973), which is one of the most remarkable Japanese crime films of the 70's.

The screenwriter is not Paul Schrader, though, but his brother William Schrader.

Trailer:

JucqD6jZqKw

Archived