Your favorite masked villian.

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG

One of my favorite themes in kung fu movie villains is when the bad guy or gal or their minions use masks to hide their true identity.

I find this theme most intriguing.

It certainly gives us a unique plot when the mask comes off and we usually find the supposed baddie is the person whom everyone thought was on their side.

I cannot think of any titles per say but I am sure you all can help me with your favorites with this theme.

Of course I am not speaking of a, (ninja), cloth hiding ones face.

GD Y-Y.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Drunken Monk

One of the most "What the fuck?" masks is Fung Hak-On's in "Warriors Two." I love it for the fact it's bizarre and entirely unnecessary.

odioustrident

Red Phoenix

Black Eagle's Blades

Ambitious Kung Fu Girl

Ninja & Dragons

Hero of the Wild

The crazy heel-type wrestler that I think was in Karate for Life with Chiba.

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG

Thanks folks.

A couple come to mind.

Yellow River Fighter....those masks were certainly meant to frighten the opponent.

Whats the name of the Tien Peng movie where his lady Joi Pie (?). Was the head honcho.... of the evil clan and of course she wore a mask......what was the term used for her the 'Magistrate'?

There is one movie I remember where the villains mask looked just like a 'GOLDEN' lion with a big red mane. That was awesome. He showed himself in the first part of the movie. This one seemed a Taiwanese effort.

The movie with Angela Mao where the villain was James Tien. The last fight against that masked rival I remember as simply awesome.

Oh yeah, the movie with Tung Wei as the masked villain......Tung Wei's mask was a little lame IMO. Damn I can't think how to spell the heroes name. And we ALL know who I mean!

Lo Lieh in 'Human Lanterns' a psycho killer for sure. One of Lo's best.

GD YY

• Administrator
Lo Lieh in 'Human Lanterns' a psycho killer for sure.

That mask, and the villain who wore it, were definitely awesome!

I'm going to have to agree with Stills though. Those FIVE VENOMS masks are out of sight, and so the Scorpion gets my vote.

5 deadly venoms.

the scorpion remains hidden most of the film.

That was the first to come to my mind as well.

• Administrator
KFB is the Scorpion the image that shows on your art moniker?

GD Y-Y

You mean in the banner photo under my posts? No, that's The Centipede (also from FIVE VENOMS).

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG
You mean in the banner photo under my posts? No, that's The Centipede (also from FIVE VENOMS).

Yes....that is what I meant.

KFB would you please post on this thread your painting of the Five Venoms:

'SCORPION'.

Thanks,

GD Y-Y

P.S. Anyone else feel free to post masked villains..

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG

Now, this subject, leads me to this question, for this illustrious panel.

"To your knowledge were there, "HEROES", who, (donned), or hid their face behind a mask and brought in the final conclusion to the play and then revealed themselves as the hero or heroine"?

GD Y-Y

:nerd:

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG

"To your knowledge were there, "HEROES", who, (donned), or hid their face behind a mask and brought in the final conclusion to the play and then revealed themselves as the hero or heroine"?

GD Y-Y

Forget the quote mistake!

KFB:

Brother,

How indubitably magical in this search on Yahoo Images I find in my search question:

SCORPION?

http://images.search.yahoo.com/images/view;_ylt=A0PDoS5P7uRQIioA7bGJzbkF;_ylu=X3oDMTBlMTQ4cGxyBHNlYwNzcgRzbGsDaW1n?b

Yahoo image did not deliver.....but brother it was your painting of the SCORPION that was the 1rst entry.

GD Y-Y

• Administrator
Yes....that is what I meant.

KFB would you please post on this thread your painting of the Five Venoms:

'SCORPION'.

Thanks,

GD Y-Y

Sure. Here's my drawing of The Scorpion (both masked and unmasked) from the movie FIVE VENOMS. Anyone interested in purchasing prints of this or my other art, please do so from my blog: http://kungfubob.blogspot.com/

FDV-SCORPION-sampleimage.jpg

GD Y-Y

IRON MONKEY (1993) is my favorite masked heroes film. Though they weren't wearing "cool" masks, just cloth face wraps.

Forget the quote mistake!

KFB:

Brother,

How indubitably magical in this search on Yahoo Images I find in my search question:

SCORPION?

http://images.search.yahoo.com/images/view;_ylt=A0PDoS5P7uRQIioA7bGJzbkF;_ylu=X3oDMTBlMTQ4cGxyBHNlYwNzcgRzbGsDaW1n?b

Yahoo image did not deliver.....but brother it was your painting of the SCORPION that was the 1rst entry.

GD Y-Y

Oh yeah? Cool. :bigsmile:

K-20: The Fiend with Twenty Faces starring Takeshi Kaneshiro

This was an enjoyable movie, though I thought it could've been excellent with just a little more effort.

We can't forget the rare double masked villain!

QFqzC9WSuiM

Behind the mask is White Tiger played by Sunny Yuen who has the Opera face paint technically not a mask but it is super cool & super memorable IMO:

picture.php?albumid=1&pictureid=5373

picture.php?albumid=1&pictureid=5359

picture.php?albumid=1&pictureid=5360

picture.php?albumid=1&pictureid=5362

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG
Sure. Here's my drawing of The Scorpion (both masked and unmasked) from the movie FIVE VENOMS. Anyone interested in purchasing prints of this or my other art, please do so from my blog: http://kungfubob.blogspot.com/

FDV-SCORPION-sampleimage.jpg

IRON MONKEY (1993) is my favorite masked heroes film. Though they weren't wearing "cool" masks, just cloth face wraps.

Oh yeah? Cool. :bigsmile:

This was an enjoyable movie, though I thought it could've been excellent with just a little more effort.

That's the image KFB that came up.

Brother should you not run an image copyright across your art?

GD Y-Y

PS

A wonderful rendition of the last to show his face in the 5 Venoms.

The infamous Scorpion!

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG
We can't forget the rare double masked villain!

QFqzC9WSuiM

DM,

Ahh yes this one most certainly came to mind theis Jackie Chan classic.

GD Y-Y

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG

Right!

Truly the face behind this mask 'IS' in 'MADNESS'.

GD Y-Y

Keep em coming .....

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG
Behind the mask is White Tiger played by Sunny Yuen who has the Opera face paint technically not a mask but it is super cool & super memorable IMO:

picture.php?albumid=1&pictureid=5373

picture.php?albumid=1&pictureid=5359

picture.php?albumid=1&pictureid=5360

picture.php?albumid=1&pictureid=5362

My last post was directed to you. Jrcma.

GD Y-Y

loempiavreter

Whats the name of the Tien Peng movie where his lady Joi Pie (?). Was the head honcho.... of the evil clan and of course she wore a mask......what was the term used for her the 'Magistrate'?

There is one movie I remember where the villains mask looked just like a 'GOLDEN' lion with a big red mane. That was awesome. He showed himself in the first part of the movie. This one seemed a Taiwanese effort.

The movie with Angela Mao where the villain was James Tien. The last fight against that masked rival I remember as simply awesome.

Oh yeah, the movie with Tung Wei as the masked villain......Tung Wei's mask was a little lame IMO. Damn I can't think how to spell the heroes name. And we ALL know who I mean!

Lo Lieh in 'Human Lanterns' a psycho killer for sure. One of Lo's best.

GD YY

Anyone can indentify the movies mentioned? They got me curious! :)

Archived