8 Diagram Pole- video

peringaten

Hey, my SiFu, Leo Au Yeung & my brother working on some kung vids, this is one, a demo of the 5th brother 8 diagram/trigram pole set, as passed down from Lau Kar Leung...

Enjoy:

OqJRn8h51GY

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My honest opinon:

Martial arts look fine, and the video was exceptionally cool--I love the idea of filming a traditional form, but filming it in a more cinematic and artistic way. That was filmed and edited really well and looks awesome!

The only negative comment I would have is the choice of music---or I should say, the choice of music with lyrics. For me, the song kind of took away from the impact of the marital arts, and made it seem more like a regualr music video where the song was the main thing. If it the video was just accompanied by traditional Chinese music, or by modern instrumental music (even like that song with no vocals),I think it would be a bit stronger.

Very cool work, though!

Cheers KyFi, honest opinions always best, thanks for the feedback. Music choice was down to my brother who wanted a less trad accompaniment to set mood rather than the usual WFH theme or the like that's typically heard with these things, wants a mixture of old & new, just his style... I think he & my Sifu have a good creative working partnership to give a new take on some trad kung... Cheers for taking time to check it out!

You know, watching it again, I do think the music itself works well---it just pulls me out a bit when the vocals come in.

But yeah, I think you guys are onto something here--very cool and I'd like to see more. In fact, I'm going to put it on my Facebook page!

This was awesome. The cinematography, varied camera angles, sound and, in my opinion, the music were all spot on.

Great stuff!

Thanks guys! Sorry for the belated reply, your interest is really really much appreciated!!

So two more done since then - this one is Pek Kwar Daan Dao, broadsword demo:

SMwTOVuC2BY

But this next one is the icing on the cake so far, most recent one - a proper shapes resurgence!! Tiger & crane fist as passed down Lau Kar Leung lineage:

DRxWlbc_g6w

Loads more in the pipeline, just beginning!

Archived