HK One-Armed Swordsman BDs up for preorder

Oily Maniac

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, lord knows Dragon Dynasty isn't going to bother with these (hell, they still haven't even put New One Armed Swordsman on DVD!), so I might have to jump on these. Then again, didn't someone (Spannick, I think) mention that the German blu-ray of NOAS was a composite print that had the uncut final fight?

Great news, about time...i have the Taiwan New and Return of the One Armed Swordsman so will just get the original.

Lets hope this means more Shaw HK Blu ray releases next year!

Guest Markgway

I didn't know you could have six channel mono.

What's the point in that?

Wouldn't it make more sense to have one or two channels (as usual) than six all with the same audio?

Not that I'm complaining... just saying...

And no birdy chirps... etc?

TibetanWhiteCrane

Does anyone know if the box has the standard regulation dimensions, does it have round edges or sharp edges?

How about the sleeve... is it made out of thin paper, or more of a thicker cardboardy type paper?

Oh, and how is the plastic smell of the box? Kind of a chemical kind of smell, or more like that rubbery eraser type smell?

Even though they didn't include the mono tracks the audio at least doesn't have anything added. I would like to see more titles on Blu Ray at least some Lau Kar Leung and Chang Cheh films.

Guest Markgway
Even though they didn't include the mono tracks the audio at least doesn't have anything added.

I thought the BDs did include mono tracks via 5.1.

I mean, if all six channels are producing the same original, untampered sound that's still mono, right?

I'm confused!?! :ooh:

Guest Markgway
Yeah, would be described as 'wide mono' I guess.

Right, but if I'm listening through a pair of headphones I wouldn't be able to tell the difference.

Right, but if I'm listening through a pair of headphones I wouldn't be able to tell the difference.

Probably not, no.

Guest Markgway
cant you just set your receiver to down mix to center channel only if you REALLY want true mono?

i know mine can.

I think mine can too, despite being a 100 years old. But if all six tracks are the same, that shouldn't be necessary. On headphones everything will be centred, right? No surround or direction. That's all I ask, for the audio to represent what it originally was. Whether it's 1.0, 2.0 or 5.1 makes no difference to me. It's remixes I hate.

I think mine can too, despite being a 100 years old. But if all six tracks are the same, that shouldn't be necessary. On headphones everything will be centred, right? No surround or direction. That's all I ask, for the audio to represent what it originally was. Whether it's 1.0, 2.0 or 5.1 makes no difference to me. It's remixes I hate.

I have a 2.0 setup and headphones, and my BDs aren't a rude awakening from the DD DVDs.

Sweet, thanks for posting the links Oily. I really needed that New One-Armed Swordsman blu-ray and thought it no longer existed!

Archived