Green Street Hooligans: Underground (2013)

AlbertV

Currently filming in the UK is a third installment of the GREEN STREET HOOLIGANS series. The first starred Elijah Wood and SONS OF ANARCHY's Charlie Hunnam. The sequel, GREEN STREET 2: STAND YOUR GROUND, upgraded supporting cast member Ross McCall to lead role as GSE member Dave, now with his buddies in prison, settling the score in a prison soccer match.

Now, GREEN STREET 3 is being shot and the star is...Scott Adkins! He is filming this before he goes off to work on NINJA 2. The film, from what I can understand, will be quite fight-heavy. Joey Ansah, Jack Doolan and Josh Myers co-star. James Nunn is directing this installment.

Hereare some pics from the set:

480585_374151092675579_1156441608_n.jpg

aE8Gcz1xmZM.jpg

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got the info on GREEN STREET HOOLIGANS: UNDERGROUND from Scott Adkins' website:

Scott plays Danny who returns to East London to find out what lead to the death of his younger brother. He finds himself pulled back into the world of football Hooligans but things have changed.

GREEN STREET 2 was released in 2009 and was directed by Jesse V. Johnson, who directed PIT FIGHTER and THE PACKAGE.

As mentioned, Ross McCall returned from the original to take lead as GSE are in prison and face old rivals and a corrupt guard. They settle the score in a prison soccer match.

Trailer for GREEN STREET 2: STAND YOUR GROUND

RiaZw4GkTMI

A good friend from the UK, Mike Fury, also appears in the new GS film and the fight choreographer is co-star Joey Ansah. Hopefully, we will get to see GSH: UNDERGROUND sometime this year!

I heard pre orders for this movie started about 2 days ago. The new trailer looks decent. Anything with Scott Adkins has potential. Ill check it out but all I see are pre order region 2..none for region 1

Haven't seen a US release date yet, but I'm keeping an eye out myself...this is one of my favorite series of films...the original (with Elijah "Frodo" Wood and Charlie "Christian Grey" Hunnam) was awesome and even loved the sequel (with Ross McCall taking over in the lead from his supporting role in the original) that had a Mean Machine-like feel to it in the end (Matthias Hues played one of the prison footballers). Now, this one is more MA-filled, and can't wait to see it!

I'm going to check out that link tonight. Hopefully it works! If t does thank you in advance. If its good it will still get a purchase

Way way to much slow motion. Until the last fight scene every fight was almost all slow motion.

Watched it this morning...yes there is the abundance of slow motion, but I did like the fight scenes, plus Adkins really drove the film acting wise. I reviewed the film on the main site.

Edit: For some reason, I can't get the image to post on here. Anyways, CLICK HERE and a quote from Albert's review is on the box cover.

I had found out this morning when I saw your post mpm...but I had a holiday party at my day job today....showed my co-workers the cover and they were excited :) Thanks for letting me know on this :D

919njVkvKQL._SL1500_.jpg

Archived