Clerks III (2022) - Brian O'Halloran, Jeff Anderson, Kevin Smith, Jason Mewes

AlbertV

Originally, Kevin Smith's last film was to be a hockey-themed film called HIT SOMEBODY. However, the film is now going to be a mini-series. Over the weekend, Kevin had tweeted that he is prepping for his final film.

This was his tweet:

"So with the HIT SOMEBODY shift, the minute Jeff Anderson signs on, my last cinematic effort as a writer/director will be CLERKS III."

Smith will be going full circle...he started his film career with the original CLERKS..now, he will be ending his directing career with CLERKS 3!

Edited by AlbertV
  • Like 1

yall didnt like clerks? part 1 and 2 were hilarious imo ill take a part 3...they can touch down on so much updated stuff....the new star wars for example

• Like 1

I loved Kevin Smith up until after Clerks 2...

I never cared for Chasing amy.. But i even liked Jersey Girl.

The Zack and Miri was mediocre... but then Red State and Cop out.. both just garbage.

I really liked clerks 2 so i hope 3 will at least be similar so it will be a nice end note.

• Like 1

The first Clerks is just brilliant, I love Mallrats, liked Dogma, Jay and Silent Bob SB was OK, Clerks 2 was just lame. There is little hope that Clerks 3 could be any good.

• Like 1

I loved Kevin Smith up until after Clerks 2...

I never cared for Chasing amy.. But i even liked Jersey Girl.

The Zack and Miri was mediocre... but then Red State and Cop out.. both just garbage.

I really liked clerks 2 so i hope 3 will at least be similar so it will be a nice end note.

I read Kevin Smith's book and he mentioned that he wasn't exactly happy with COP OUT himself because 1) he was just trying a film he was only directing and 2) he had some bad stuff to say about Bruce Willis, whom he said was acting like a primadonna at times on the set.

• Like 1

Okay here is an update: The reason why Clerks III wasn't going to happen was because Jeff Anderson, who played Randal, didn't want to act anymore. Something happened over the weekend and now, it looks like Anderson is willing to go one more round and Smith announcing that Clerks III is finally seeing the light of day. One can guess he will begin shooting after press for Jay and Silent Bob Reboot. Smith said this will be the final Clerks film as well.

Edited by AlbertV
  • Like 2

Right before the pandemic, Kevin Smith gave a small update on Clerks 3 and he said the film is planning to be set entirely at the Quik Stop mart. Clerks 2 spoiler below.

Spoiler

In the finale of Clerks 2, thanks to help from Jay and Silent Bob, Dante and Randal were able to buy the Quick Stop Mart as the new owners.

• Like 2

I thought Yoga Hosers was ‘Clerks 3’.. A movie somewhat interesting with Depp and mirroring clerks if you can get past the horridness and cringe.

• Like 2

Big update on Clerks IIIKevin Smith announced that shooting will finally begin next month in New Jersey. The plot will involve Randal having a heart attack, which in turns, he asks Dante, Jay, and Silent Bob to make a movie at the Quick Stop that he and Dante now own. And Lionsgate, who recently acquired most of the Weinstein Company's library, will be distributing the final chapter in the trilogy.

Jeff AndersonBrian O'Halloran, Smith, Jason Mewes, and Rosario Dawson have all signed on to return.

https://www.darkhorizons.com/lionsgate-acquires-clerks-iii-globally/

Edited by AlbertV
  • Like 2

TibetanWhiteCrane
42 minutes ago, Drunken Monk said:

Does anyone actually have faith in Kevin Smith as a film maker anymore?

Never did to begin with. Just can't fathom the appeal of him and his films.

• Like 2

I love Kevin Smith as a stand up and I still watch his films, but Jay and Silent Bob Reboot was underwhelming. This plot sounds like a bit of a cop out but I think Smith's ability to write strong dialogue will save it.

Edited by SamSeed
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, SamSeed said:

I love Kevin Smith as a stand up and I still watch his films, but Jay and Silent Bob Reboot was underwhelming. This plot sounds like a bit of a cop out but I think Smith's ability to write strong dialogue will save it.

He is basing part of the storyline on his 2018 heart attack, which led him to drop massive pounds. 

• Like 2

The first official photo: Elias (Trevor Fehrman), Dante (Brian O'Halloran), Becky (Rosario Dawson), and Randal (Jeff Anderson) 

clerks3cast.jpeg?w=1024

• Like 2

The trailer is dropping on July 6 and a screening tour is set to begin in September according to Kevin Smith's official Twitter. 

• Like 2

I saw Clerks III yesterday.  I have to say compared to Clerks II, it's not as raunchy, and I actually enjoyed it. There are a few emotional moments when it comes to Dante. The finale is a bit shocking, but in a more realistic and not goofy gross out way. If you don't plan to see it then see the spoiler below

Spoiler

Dante and Randal have a heated argument and Dante suffers a heart attack. Randal retools the film and shows a bedridden Dante the final film (which is the 1st Clerks movie). Dante is in an empty theater where he sees his late wife Becky and they leave together with Dante realizing Randal is the best friend who did care and Dante dies in his bed.

Edited by AlbertV
  • Like 1