Sleepy Eyes of Death Vol. 3 Release Date

waywardsage

Looks like Animeigo will release their final Sleepy Eyes of Death DVD set quietly on February 12th.

http://www.cityonfire.com/sleepy-eyes-of-death-dvd-collectors-set-vol-3-animeigo/

Not sure what else they will release in 2013. By the end of the year last year they had posted an itinerary of what they would release for the following year. Since there are notoriously tight lipped and non-comunicative with their fans, who knows?

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
Looks like Animeigo will release their final Sleepy Eyes of Death DVD set quietly on February 12th.

That's great news! Looking forward to that set.

I really wonder what Animeigo has in store next? They have been saying less and less about their releases. I worry that they will fold.

• Administrator
I really wonder what Animeigo has in store next? They have been saying less and less about their releases. I worry that they will fold.

Oh man, I hope not! :squigglemouth:

AnimEigo has been around for 20 years. There are times where they only have a few releases a year, but I think they will still be around.

It sucks, but yeah. They have to be real picky with what they release.

AnimEigo will not announce its releases for 2013 until all the details are locked down. Look for an announcement in early 2013.

Just finished the Sleepy Eyes of Death vol. 2. Overall it was a fine entry. The best film in the set was "The Mask of the Princess."

Which reminds me, does the Chinese Monk from vol. 1 come back in any of the vol. 3 films?

vengeanceofhumanlanterns

What's happening guys... I haven't been on here a while. I'm am so happy this final installment to one of my favorite series is being released by Animeigo. Happy New Year!

Just finished the Sleepy Eyes of Death vol. 2. Overall it was a fine entry. The best film in the set was "The Mask of the Princess."

Which reminds me, does the Chinese Monk from vol. 1 come back in any of the vol. 3 films?

I thought in Vol. 2 films 5-7 were all kinda average, but no. 8 (Sword of Villainy) was brilliant. Really atmospheric and stylish film.

From Vol.1 no. 2 and 4 are my favorites.

I'm not 100%, but I don't believe he does.

BlackLamaFaction
I thought in Vol. 2 films 5-7 were all kinda average, but no. 8 (Sword of Villainy) was brilliant. Really atmospheric and stylish film.

From Vol.1 no. 2 and 4 are my favorites.

Agree with Takuma on part 8 one of the best of the series. From the first 4 i have to go with part 3 Full Moon Cut. I am excited about the last 4 films because the far and away best of the whole series # 10 The Ronin Called Nemuri will be in there. Takahiro Tamura's role as Tatsuma finally gave Nemuri an absolute equal in fencing skill, and Yunosuke Ito was great as a swordless scheming ronin.

Not showing on amazon.co.uk yet, and Animeigo dont ship outside North America, but I'm massively looking forward to this

vengeanceofhumanlanterns

Vol. 2s Sword Of Fire and Satan's Sword are awesome films. It's really a treat that Animeigo actually remastered and released all of these films.

Indeed. I'm such a fan of the character, I'm curious what the next two in the series that didn't star Raizo were like.

Does anyone know where to pick these up?

Indeed. I'm such a fan of the character, I'm curious what the next two in the series that didn't star Raizo were like.Does anyone know where to pick these up?

@waywardsage: Merlin over @SamuraiDVD.com subtitled the last 2 movies that were made after Raizo's Death, they were awesome! A must own, I wrote a review on them also.

#13 - The Full Moon Swordsman

#14 - Flyfot Swordplay

I like to thank Daisho for hooking me up with these, they are awesome! I think they're even darker than the first 12, especially the last one, shame they didn't make more. Matsukata Hiroki is great as Nemuri Kyoshiro, and I'm a huge fan of Raizo, they're a must own for the collection.

Archived