Ziieagle shaws doing the rounds??

fabhui

Which Shaw titles that never got a DVD release and were only released on the Ziieagle are now in circulation amongst collectors??

I only have the following:

The Black Enforcer

Mission Impossible

Thunderclap

This Man Is Dangerous

Ghosts Galore

Na Cha And The Seven Devils

The Last Judgement

Well Of Doom

Revenge Of The Corpse

I Will Finally Knock You Down Dad

To Kill A Mastermind

Thanks.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think those are all around, but the quality pretty much stinks. I have the Ziieagle and I don't find the quality to be mind blowing straight from the box. The rips from the box are lousy - burned in subs, the letterboxing looks weird, lots of pixelation. Wait for better quality rips or TV broadcasts to come available.

Do any of these have English Subs?

This Man Is Dangerous

The Last Judgement

I have those extracted (among 26 others) from the Ziieagle box for over 1½ year now from the first version of the box and they don't have pixel problems at all. The movies were professionally extracted by a friend of mine who tampered with the box and used capture cards and re-authored them. The subs are burn-it. Compared to the regular IVL releases, I'd rate them 7.5/10 to 8/10 for quality. Very satisfied with the results. Every one else I know who have tried to extract the movies failed to do a decent job. I've seen a few more that were done in China and currently sold on santostreet. I got them too but those ones have pixel issues and are lower quality than the ones I had extracted back then. After doing 29, the box ceased to work......

Which Shaw titles that never got a DVD release and were only released on the Ziieagle are now in circulation amongst collectors??

I only have the following:

The Black Enforcer

Mission Impossible

Thunderclap

This Man Is Dangerous

Ghosts Galore

The Last Judgement

Well Of Doom

Revenge Of The Corpse

I Will Finally Knock You Down Dad

To Kill A Mastermind

Thanks.

I have all these extracted from the Ziieagle box:

3 STOOGES GO UNDERCOVER

ALL MIXED UP ***

AVENGERS FROM HELL

BIG FELLOW, THE

BLACK ENFORCER, THE

COME HAUNT WITH ME ***

CURSE OF EVIL***

DARK RENDEZ VOUS

DARK SEMESTER ***

DEAR MURDERER

DIARY OF A LADY KILLER

DOUBLE CROSSED

DOWNHILL THEY RIDE

EVIL SEDUCERS

FEARFUL INTERLUDE

GAMBLING SYNDICATE

GHOSTS GALORE

I WILL FINALLY KNOCK YOU DOWN DAD

KISS AND KILL

LAST JUDGMENT, THE

LONG ROAD TO FREEDOM

MATING SEASON ***

MIDNIGHT MURDER

MISFIRE

MISSION IMPOSSIBLE

MURDER ON A WEDDING NIGHT

NA CHA AND THE 7 DEVILS

NIGHT OF THE DEVIL’S BRIDE ***

POISON ROSE

PURPLE DARTS

QUEEN HUSTLER

REVENGE OF THE CORPSE

SQUADRON 77

SPIRIT OF THE RAPED

STRANGER IN HONG KONG

TEMPTRESS OF A THOUSAND FACE

THIS MAN IS DANGEROUS

THUNDERCLAP

TO KILL A MASTERMIND

TRAPEZE GIRL

UGLY TYCOON ***(subs out of sync)

VIRGINS, THE

WELL OF DOOM

YOUNG HEROES OF THE STREET

*** : Titles with some pixels issues (some more than others) and/or out of sync subtitles. Those with *** came from China through sanrtostreet, All others I had someone extracting them for me.

Compared to the regular IVL releases, I'd rate them 7.5/10 to 8/10 for quality. Very satisfied with the results.

I agree with Rog's assessment. Some of the blacks are a bit muddy but overall, these are currently the best copies out there. Just happy to see them.

Remember the various rumors that floated around about TKAM on the old board? How it was destroyed? Print was too badly damaged to remaster? The online petition? Ahhh, the good ol' days (haha...)

Here are some screen caps from The Black Enforcer

picture.php?albumid=268&pictureid=6396

picture.php?albumid=268&pictureid=6393

picture.php?albumid=268&pictureid=6395

picture.php?albumid=268&pictureid=6394

People can draw their own conclusion. The OG Ziieagle doesn't look much better, which surprises me because I don't know why a professional film company would release something so dodgy. For my money, I would give this a 4 or 5 on 10. The Shaw VCD's looked better. If you look at the first photo, the top left is smeared, on many films the credits have these werid artifacts, and details are all blurred. The font is weird and thin.The picture on the DVD's are all shoved to the left, so the image isn't centered. DVD's that look like this are better than nothing, but it left me pretty underwhelmed and looking/hoping for a better option. I think it would look better if you watch it on an old fashioned tube televison. I found VCD's look better on those. On digital monitors, the flaws really stand out.

Hi HAZ. Maybe with your high tech PC you could improve these ZiiEagle titles to BluRay quality or bring them up to an 8/10 of your standards! :tongue: We'd all be grateful! :tongue:

I've been trying... Putting lipstick on a pig is hard. I was hoping that the Ziieagle would have been a chance to toss out all my DVD's and have one elegant solution. I'm happy I didn't dump my IVL's. I think most of the lost films will show up on the Celestial Channel in 2013, and they should look much better. My Ziieagle comes with a little built in TV screen, so at least its handy for travelling, and the movies look ok on the super tiny screen, but I would sooner take my laptop on a long trip rather than the ziieagle. Its amazing that they went through all this trouble to make this weird device. I'd be curious to know how many were sold.

I've been trying... Putting lipstick on a pig is hard. I was hoping that the Ziieagle would have been a chance to toss out all my DVD's and have one elegant solution. I'm happy I didn't dump my IVL's. I think most of the lost films will show up on the Celestial Channel in 2013, and they should look much better. My Ziieagle comes with a little built in TV screen, so at least its handy for travelling, and the movies look ok on the super tiny screen, but I would sooner take my laptop on a long trip rather than the ziieagle. Its amazing that they went through all this trouble to make this weird device. I'd be curious to know how many were sold.

True. The HD on the box was way too small to handle 660 movies so they were encoded in a strange format to fit in. That's what affected the quality the most. When re-authoring them on DVD, there's only so much to work with. Until the unreleased ones are done properly, the existing ones are still the best available so far.

Guest Markgway

The quality (going by those caps) isn't saleable but it's certainly watchable. The cropped version of The Black Enforcer I saw (a while back) didn't look anywhere near as good.

The Silver Fox

A lot of previously rare Shaws are showing up on YouTube.I watched Revenger of the Corpse last night and it was watchable, price is right too so I'm not complaining. Side note-the music from Mad Max has to be the most pilfered soundtrack in history. I can't count the number of SB films that blatantly steal it.

A few of these unreleased Shaw from the ZiiEagle box can now be downloaded from ADC.

That's where I got hold of the ones I listed.

Whilst the quality might not be up there with the remastered DVD releases they are still extremely watchable...hell, they look amazing if you compare them to some of the old Kung Fu films we have in our collections!

Shame Shadow Girl didn't make the box.

The quality of the one floating around is quite beat.

Even remastered, I felt Thunderclap was a big disappointment despite the hype.

I watched Revenge of the Corpse last night and it was watchable,

I enjoyed this one. Not a big horror fan but I was entertained.

The Silver Fox

Yeah it was pretty good. I think of it as a warm up for Human Lanterns, I believe some of the same set pieces are used and the skull mask was also used in HL.As far as the version on You Tube, I think ROTC comes from the Ziieagle as the subs look the same as TKAM,also from the box.

Whilst the quality might not be up there with the remastered DVD releases they are still extremely watchable...hell, they look amazing if you compare them to some of the old Kung Fu films we have in our collections!

Until better versions show up, I'm very pleased to have them!

The screen caps seem to have a lot of dot crawl which normally only shows up with composite video sources. Maybe some of the Ziieagle exclusives were sourced from analog tapes?

The screen caps seem to have a lot of dot crawl which normally only shows up with composite video sources. Maybe some of the Ziieagle exclusives were sourced from analog tapes?

No tapes involved at all. When you compress a 4.7+G movie into 1G or less, shit happens. That's what the ZiiEagle people did 660 times for their box.

No tapes involved at all. When you compress a 4.7+G movie into 1G or less, shit happens. That's what the ZiiEagle people did 660 times for their box.

Until I read through this thread again, I didn't realize all of the Ziieagle titles looks like this. I thought it was only the previously unreleased titles which I assumed hadn't been fully remastered and only existed on analog tape or something similar.

It's too bad these will likely never been released in better quality on DVD or Blu-ray. If they won't release them on disc, the next best thing would be to make them available digitally through something like iTunes or even Netflix.

Some movies look a bit worse, some look just ok, but not one film on the Ziieagle looks as good as the IVL DVD. The thing I find kind of crazy is that I'm absolutely sure that they would have sold more DVD's of the unreleased films then they did of the Ziieagle. I'm sure you can find them deeply discounted now.

Reel Power Stunts
Until

It's too bad these will likely never been released in better quality on DVD or Blu-ray. If they won't release them on disc, the next best thing would be to make them available digitally through something like iTunes or even Netflix.

I think some of the "unreleased" titles show up on Celestial cable/satellite channels in Asia looking pretty darn good. You just hope someone is recording them.

I will take some photos of my Ziieagle. The box itself is well finished, and the remote and features work great. My Ziieagle has a built in LCD screen for watching movies. The screen is something like 6 inches by 4 inches. I plug in into my TV for watching. There's a modification to the HD inside so that if you remove it and try to plug it into a computer, no power comes on, but there's a simple switch that you can put on the HD to make the power come on. After that you can copy the HD to a computer. The posters and trailers have no copy protection, but the features are rendered with a weird codec. If you get through that, the image is still not much better. If you want to record from a Ziieagle directly, the best way is to use an HDCP stripper and record the movies in real time to your computer. There are a lot of devices out there that can do this, and its by far the easiest way to go about capturing films from the Ziieagle. There are even capture cards that can do this now for around 150 USD. What is comes down to is that its garbage in, garbage out. Since the source on the Ziieagle is nothing great, anything that comes out of it is nothing great either. I'm now trying to enjoy the Ziieagle for what it is. Even if it is a poorly conceived device, the packaging is nice, the menus are nice, and mine comes with a tiny weird TV screen that makes me feel like its some kind of futuristic gizmo. A bigger hard drive would have been cool. I write long posts and I don't know if people read this stuff, but on the subject of unreleased Shaws, Region 1 DVD companies have called celestial asking for TKAM, and they were told that the film doesn't exist in Celestial's archives. Those company reps were surprised when I showed them the Ziieagle!

The posters and trailers have no copy protection, but the features are rendered with a weird codec.

H -- Sent you a PM about this some months back. What size are the posters?

Are they the itty bitty ones that are on the IVLs or we talking big boys like 4800 by 6000 pixels?

Archived