The Hobbit part 1 of 3 Decenber 2012.

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG

Peter Jackson's first installment of his Hobbit trilogy is coming to theaters I believe December 25, 2012.

I loved the book as well as the Lord of the Rings book and movies

Rumor has it these 3 movies may outshine the Lord of the Rings movie trilogy.

I rarely go to movies these days but this ONE I definitely want to see on the big screen.

Anyone else psyched as well.

Some please post the trailers

GD Y-Y

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope to be able to catch it in a theater showing it at the 48fps rate it ws shot in. I've seen critiques of this format that range from "home video look" to "unbelievable"--I want to see it myself on the big screen.

Originally it was just suppose to be a 2 part prequel to LOTR movies but, PJ decided to make it into another trilogy. I just hope it works out, I love all of LOTR so I cannot wait to this opening weekend.

I hope to be able to catch it in a theater showing it at the 48fps rate it ws shot in. I've seen critiques of this format that range from "home video look" to "unbelievable"--I want to see it myself on the big screen.

unfortunately I think that is something my TV and perhaps other modern TVs do, removing that glossy film like quality to make it look more "real". If it's anything like that I can honestly say I don't like it, even though I've gotten used to it, I just hope this is a current fad like 3-D

OK I just seen this today, and I thought it was excellent, great new cast with some old friends making cameo's. I like how its tying into the original series. PJ did it again with Middle Earth.

Loved it. It's a little cheesier and doesn't feel nearly as big as the "LOTR" films but it's once again proof that Peter Jackson is the best fantasy director today.

OK I just wanna ask did you notice that the CGI didn't look as good as it did in the LOTR trilogy? At times it looked a little cartoonish to me?

OK I just wanna ask did you notice that the CGI didn't look as good as it did in the LOTR trilogy? At times it looked a little cartoonish to me?

Only in the faster moving scenes. The up close stuff was superb but for the long shots (the wizard and his rabbits), some of it looked off.

OpiumKungFuCracker

Love that scene with Baggins and Gollum, so much going on there... God damn I'll say it, best movie of 2012 for me...

Great flick, fits in nicely with the other LOTR movies while keeping the tone of the book.

Seems like they spent an a lot of time falling in this one.

Yang Wu Liang

I really enjoyed it. I know he's playing a different character but Martin Freeman is a lot more charismatic than the soppy Elijah Wood, I spent most of the LOTR trilogy hoping he'd get mutilated by an orc.

I was surprised and maybe a tiny bit disappointed by how similar the whole thing was to the LOTR films though in length, structure and story arc. They leave the Shire, encounter some enemies, escape to Rivendell, get involved in some clifftop drama, enter some caves, scuffle with the occupants of the caves, escape said caves etc, etc, de ja vu!

Don't get me wrong, I love those films, but I was hoping for something new.

As I say though, I did enjoy it, and what we saw of Smaug at the start was awesome, really looking forward to seeing more of him!

Archived