Anyone else feel a slight disappointment in end fights?

Omni Dragon

Because you know the film is about to end & you pretty much know that the main villain is going to die & the hands of the hero(s)…maybe if it’s a Chang Cheh film then the hero(s) might die heroically.

I guess it's knowing your near the end of the film & pretty much knowing what's going to happen next.

The end really comes down to seeing Kung Fu techniques rather than techniques plus story.

It good to see training pay off especially if that trainings techniques are flash backed/recognisable/ deja vu.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Im usually only dissappointed if the end fight isnt good. Lion vs Lion comes to mind, I think the end fight couldve been waay better. That movie almost had too much kungfu!!:tongue:

sifu iron perm

you can kick my ass for this but i was disappointed with wheels on meals..

jackie v benny was nice but could have been longer, no?

yuen biao throwing a damn pineapple??

As much as I rate Snake Deadly Act I found the end fight disappointing due to the lazy and needless edit.

Dance of the Drunken Mantis ending was also disappointing

TibetanWhiteCrane

:ooh::ooh::ooh::crossedlips:

Hey, I'm right there with you. One of my favorite fights, but couldn't it have been just a feeeew minutes longer?

Absolutely agree. I love the Jackie versus Benny fight but, afterwards, it all seems lazy. The fencing scene really seems lackluster and attempt at comedy where it could have been some kind of awesome three on on weapons brawl.

WHEELS ON MEAL'S climax ends with the bitter aftertaste of Yuen Biao's waste of talent...the pineapplescene is really indicative for that.....I love the film and its final, but it's far from being perfect...

Chinatown Kid

Ghosts Galore was dissappointing, I don't think they even had an end fight. Why the hell would you put HJL in a film and not have him kick? :tinysmile_angry2_t: He was used much better in the other Shaw film Kid From Kwangtung.

sifu iron perm

and i wish yuen wah had a proper battle with one of the brothers (yuen biao??)He was electric before he got injected with that Horse!! Dragons forever.

But the benny v jackie 2 couldn't have been more better IMO, that pretty much sealed it.

and i wish yuen wah had a proper battle with one of the brothers (yuen biao??)He was electric before he got injected with that Horse!! Dragons forever.

I thought it would have bee an "Eastern Condors" rematch and...well...it wasn't.

I have been disappointed with a lot of end fights. The final fight in Fist of Fury(Chinese Connection in the US) could have been better IMHO. I thought that the final between Bruce Lee and Riki Hashimoto felt anticlimatic to me. All the fights leading up to it were awsome though, so it buffs out I guess.:xd:

Chinatown Kid

Actually I thought the dojo fight in FoF was the best action in the film, nothing else came close.

The Jackie vs Benny fight in Wheels on Meals was the best to me, the fight they had in Dragon's Forever just didn't seem to have as crisp looking techniques or flow to it. However, Yuen Biao's fights in DF blew away anything he did in Wheels....

Jackie vs the mute baddie in POLICE STORY 2....The final is great, but a long fight between those two would be too perfect...:tongue:

This. Police Story 2's pretty awesome, as is the finale, but a fight with Benny Lai would have pushed things into overload.

I have been disappointed with a lot of end fights. The final fight in Fist of Fury(Chinese Connection in the US) could have been better IMHO. I thought that the final between Bruce Lee and Riki Hashimoto felt anticlimatic to me. All the fights leading up to it were awsome though, so it buffs out I guess.:xd:

Probably Bruce's worst fight(of his main films) & really bad cutting.

Probably Bruce's worst fight(of his main films) & really bad cutting.

Yeah I agree. I think his fights in The Big Boss(Including the end fight) were probably his best.

Guest Markgway

Re. Jackie vs Benny. I prefer their Dragons Forever rematch. More intense. I wish it was even longer - but am not disappointed by it. Biao gets to show some great moves too. Only Sammo short changes himself by being doped up.

Yeah I agree. I think his fights in The Big Boss(Including the end fight) were probably his best.

Really even with it hockey basher stuff?

I would say THE WAY OF THE DRAGON was best for fights choreography TBB & FOF had the hockey basher stuff & ETD camera was a little too close for my liking.

& THE GAME OF DEATH 72 footage was great as well. That's a hard to say between TWOD & TGOD I'd have to think about that..

Really even with it hockey basher stuff?

I would say THE WAY OF THE DRAGON was best for fights choreography TBB & FOF had the hockey basher stuff & ETD camera was a little too close for my liking.

& THE GAME OF DEATH 72 footage was great as well. That's a hard to say between TWOD & TGOD I'd have to think about that..

I guess I just like the basher stuff in TBB. Always looked really cool to me when Bruce Lee brutality beat the living crap out people. I would put Way of the Dragon as a close second though. Between TWOD and TGOD, I would have to go with Way of the Dragon, simply for the fight between Bruce Lee and Chuck Norris and the cool nunchaku scenes.

sifu iron perm
Lee's battle with Han is terribly short in Enter The Dragon.

I know..wish bolo faked his death and came into the mirrors of horror scene..

Archived