Police Story - Japan bluray news

Son Of A Gun

Paramount acquired not only a 35mm extended Japan print but also a 'TRUE' HD print of the HK cut for this release. So 2 true HD versions on the one disc this time.

Paramount discovered two prints of the Japan cut.

One is 35 mm print which has burned japanese subtitles at the side. The other is a SD tape which has no japanese subtitles (Possibly the source of the old Pony Canyon LD). They decided to use SD tape for JP dub tracks.

No english subs expected though. :neutral:

A trailer for the new release.

Q38vqi0QGS4

Quality doesn't really reflect the HD too well. :tongue:

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Let's hope Shout Factory get the TRUE HD master for POLICE STORY.

Is it way too early to sing their praises or build a statue honoring their greatness? It would be nice to have the JC movies remastered/uncut with all the goodies/extras here in the USA, on blu. I will buy The Protector/Crime Story when that comes out.

Did they get the rights to the DD/Dimension JC movies? Bring on the "Octo-Dip" (double, triple, etc...).

10 years ago when the money flowed like niagara falls, it would have been cool to purchase those Japanese blu rays - that is, if there were blu rays back then. man, a day late and a dollar short.

I used to be good knowing which company had the rights to which movies in the US... not so much anymore :tongue:

All I know is that Dragon Dynasty no longer has the US rights, as they let their Fortune Star acquisitions lapse a while back. That being said, I also doubt the rights jumped back to a previous US owner, in this case, New Line Cinema (via Warner Brothers, at this point).

All of this being said, Shout Factory very well could step up for a US release. Ironically, Shout Factory has released the US TV show Police Story on DVD :tongue:

Archived