Arrow Arbitration (aka Judge Archer) (2012)

rdenn

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks very cinematic. I like what I see here but this felt a bit familiar(mopey, solemn, quiet, stillness, staring) from the look of it. Looked it up and the director and choreographer is the one from Sword Identity(Xu Haofeng). I hope this doesn't end up playing like that one did.

• Administrator

I'm 100% psyched after watching that trailer.

THE SWORD IDENTITY's characters and themes lacked the emotional engagement that they needed, and the film was suffering a bit from anorexic action. But it looked, sounded, and was acted to perfection. So seeing that bit of fast and furious action (just the action shown in the trailer was probably twice as much as THE SWORD IDENTITY had in the whole film) is enough to get me smiling about this movie. The exchange at the table was so fast and cool. More please. :nerd:

It's been a year since the red carpet premiere. The director - Haofeng Xu- wrote Grandmasters, btw. Haven't heard or read anything all year.

th?id=H.4918649257921459&w=278&h=188&c=7&rs=1&pid=1.7

judge-archer-una-scena-d-azione-del-film-256972.jpg

3 clips

eZdkIBacQgc

c1qY_seL8x8

XnoW1-lV6CE

More slideshow pics HERE.

Yea the movie is already finished so I don't understand why the wait for a release. With grandmasters being such a hit, maybe he is just waiting to cap off that success and release this after grandmasters stops showing in Theaters

Good point. Although no new trailers or interviews have been seen since the 1st release. From what I could find it seems to have stopped it's premiering somewhere in France.

Only time will tell. I fear it is in the same theater Cold Steel (2011) is playing. Somewhere between Bermuda and Neverland.

Man I really liked that first clip. Very Japanese. Has a chambara feel to it. Movement and stillness. Quick and done. Very arty picture there. Hopefully better than SI.

Does anyone have any kinda update about this movie!?!? This is one that has been on my radar for like 3-4 years. I was hoping after the success of "the grandmasters" this movie would play off its success and hype since it's the same writer, but I have sadly not seen a damn thing! I know the movie is completed, because it was shown at some film festivals. Will this ever come out! Or turn out like the movie nunchucks and be a missing gem?

Look for me to bump this SOB in April or May. Just in time for spring. I don't get it. My gut tells me he was looking for critics and festival word of mouth to get him some sort of monster international distribution deal. Nothing else makes any sense. Holding back from officially releasing for 3 years for what? Not even an official mainland release?

odioustrident

Apparently this film is hard to follow. Not Chor Yuen hard to follow.... like art film hard to follow. Might have affected their chances at a distribution deal.

Archived