Movie production duration

Topgun

Hi guys,

Does any one here know how long did it take to shoot a movie during the MA era? In an interview with Don Wang Tao, he said that it took them anout one month to shoot the Secret Rivals I. Wow, with that speed, any one could make at least 7-9 movies per year.

Please share

Topgun:bigsmile:

• Like 1

Chi Kuan Chun said in an interview "Most films at that time took about a month" about 2:07 in this video:

-Wi2xukTLws

Not a MAfilm as such but In an interview T. F. Mou said at Shaw's they shot DREAMS OF EROTICISM in 7 days.

Around the 3:45 the stuff on DREAMS OF EROTICISM starts & around 4:55 the 7 days part:

warring this video is highly violent & sexual:

NbEiXFb6J84

• Like 1

Thanks jrcma

For that very informative info. Wow..making a movie in 7 days is fantastic, don't you think? But what about the quality of the movie? How are those actors paid--by the role they each play or by how often they appear on the screen ( I quess that is what I can describe)?

Thanks

Topgun:bigsmile:

• Like 1

You're welcome, if I'd asked the question I'd hope others would have replied to me.

Yes I was very surprised to hear that a feature film was made in 7 days but with 4 directors , & the fact it was like the 3rd time this film had been made from a book plus the way they worked at Shaw's & HK. Shaw mostly being shot in studios you could shot & night cos of your lighting. I've hear story of studios being locked for days & nights till they get the film done. They work stupidly hard back then probably against human rights now to work the way they did may have been at the time but who would be checking. You know at lot of the craftsmen lived & worked in Shaw's Town. How they be paid at Shaw's it would be a contract, the contract Bruce Lee turned down was something 7 years making $2000 per film guessing that's not if that's US or HK $. Other place seem to sign people who they think could be or is star to a 3 picture deal. I heard stuntmen weren't on contract that way you don't have to give them insurance if they get injured no the companies problem.

I don't know how the quality of the film is.

• Like 1