Ninja: Shadow of a Tear (2013) - Scott Adkins and Kane Kosugi

chanbara

OpiumKungFuCracker
Guess who got to watch NINJA: SHADOW OF A TEAR tonight??? Yup..me! Isaac Florentine and Millennium Films sent me a DVD screener of the film :)

Wanna know what I think??? Check out the main site now!!!

Yeah, I'd like that screener to sir.

Guess who got to watch NINJA: SHADOW OF A TEAR tonight??? Yup..me! Isaac Florentine and Millennium Films sent me a DVD screener of the film :)

Lucky bastard! :tongue: Anyway, great review. Thrilled to hear that Kane's martial arts skills are put on display and that this could be a breakthough film for him (the previous reviews have mentionned almost nothing about him). Can't wait for the DVD/Blu-ray release!

I normally only buy movies after I've seen them and decided they're worth buying to watch again but I think i'm going to pre-order this as I can't wait to see it. I've been looking forward to it since it was announced and with the trailers and reviews so far it's sounds like it'll be a must buy.

Screener? When is the DVD released then?

Screener? When is the DVD released then?

IMDB lists is at December 31...but VideoETA doesn't have a date listed yet. Amazon doesn't have a date either listed yet. I hope they get this released in late November/early December...you know, for that Christmas rush! :)

If they can get this and Special Identity on DVD before Christmas, they'll turn me from an agnostic into a believer. If TYG2 made it, I'd be singing church music.

I am almost positive the movie comes out Dec 31st. When I was looking for pre order of green street 3 with Adkins, I remember reading ninja comes out the 31st. Don't quote me tho

OpiumKungFuCracker
GcoC9i3MMD0

They cut out the part where Marko Zaror was at the screening and asked one of the question, or did I miss this in this video?

They cut out the part where Marko Zaror was at the screening and asked one of the question, or did I miss this in this video?

I thought I heard that part but just assumed I'd misheard the name

Uk and Germany release date is Febuary 28th

Thanks, where did you see that? I looked at the official facebook page and couldn't see anything for the UK.

TheGrimReaper

Just finished it.

Although I wasn't impressed at all by the first movie, this one delivers good action by the buckets.

I was quite sceptical about it, bearing in mind the awful predecessor, but this movie proved to be without any flaws and many positive sides.

Action wise - nice stunts, brilliant choreography (Tim Man has done a good job) and my only complaint - barely ninja activities :bigsmile:

But altogether, much, much better sequel, Scott Adkins performs really well in the fighting department and the story is not so complicated - just old fashion revenge all the way. Not much of a budget, but well spent one.

As for more detailed dissection of the fights - no shaky cam, no quick cuts, no blurry moves, maybe a very scarce use of wires for some movies, but overall long takes, nice agles for the camera and brutal finishing moves. I'm looking forward to the third part :xd:

Greetings

This movie was so awesome it almost be me cry a "shadow of a tear." :tongue: Seriously though, Scott is the best in the game. To see him go at it with Kane was a dream come true. My only complaint is that Scott's american accent is still not as convincing as I'd like but after 12 perfect fight scenes who cares.

it feels like 80 Cannon movie just with better martial arts...but after like the 8th fight scene I thought Okay I saw that earlier..also I thought some of the kicks would have looked better or realistic with a few twists or turns less.. its like a looong action reel.. I dont know maybe I was too tired but the movie didnt really get me..when I started to catch myself dozing away I went too bed ... give it another shot on the weekend for sure...