Ninja: Shadow of a Tear (2013) - Scott Adkins and Kane Kosugi

chanbara

Not sure how accurate this is but according to IMDB the premiere will be at the Fantastic Fest on September 19, 2013. With the (I'm assuming) DVD release coming December 31, 2013 (source: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2458106/releaseinfo?ref_=tt_dt_dt).

I'm skeptical about this since there's still no sign of a trailer and there's no mention of the film being screened on the Fantastic Fest website which starts in 2 weeks: http://fantasticfest.com/about

Cool! So who's going to Fantastic Fest to see this and report back to us? :tongue:

Good to see some new pics, especially this one:

ninja-shadow_of_a_tear_4__large.jpg

Looking forward to seeing Kane Kosugi as the villain. I'm sure he's gonna kill it!

Jeru the Damaja

I've gotta say that this movie looks really good. Scott Adkins is on fire right now. Everything this dude touches turns to gold. Him and Donnie are basically the only guys in this genre I get excited about these days.

• Like 1

Can't believe I'm saying this, but this trailer looks better and more exciting than Tony Jaa's latest trailer. Good choreo, nicely shot! Looks like it has a simple plot and low budget, but action delivers. I only hope that the fight sequences are long enough, not just a couple of kicks/punches

gwailosforever
Can't believe I'm saying this, but this trailer looks better and more exciting than Tony Jaa's latest trailer. Good choreo, nicely shot! Looks like it has a simple plot and low budget, but action delivers. I only hope that the fight sequences are long enough, not just a couple of kicks/punches

Couldn't agree more. Seriously underwhelmed by TYG2 so far, but this looks terrific.

One Armed Boxer

"The man who seeks revenge, should dig two graves"

"They're going to need a lot more than that"

Best line I've heard in an action move for a long time!

OpiumKungFuCracker

Ironic that the guy who is playing batman in the new Zach Synder movie looks exactly like Adkins. Wait am I using the word Irony right?

Trailer looks good. No sign of any sci-fi crap like the first one. Action looks miles ahead of the first one, and same with the acting (which was abominable in the first film).

Only disapointment is that there doesn't look like there's gonna be a lot of ninja action. Scott appears to be the only one to don a ninja suit (which is much better than the sci-fi/batman-ish one he wore in the first flick). Was really hoping for and looking forward to seeing an all out ninja vs ninja duel between Scott and Kane.

Still, I'm definitely looking forward to seeing this. Hope it comes out somewhere on DVD before the reported US release of December 31.

Ironic that the guy who is playing batman in the new Zach Synder movie looks exactly like Adkins. Wait am I using the word Irony right?

lol I always thought that myself. Especially with the Undisputed-goatee.

Killer interview! Thanks for posting that!

You bet. It's an awesome interview.

Here's another on-set interview with the film's cinematographer Ross Clarkson:

http://www.outlawvern.com/2013/09/18/interview-with-ross-clarkson-by-david-j-moore/

By the way, apparently the lovely Mika Hijii will be joining Scott and director Isaac Florentine for tomorrow's Fantastic Fest premiere of the film in Austin, Texas.