Ninja: Shadow of a Tear (2013) - Scott Adkins and Kane Kosugi

chanbara

One Armed Boxer
I see on Scott Adkins facebook page his next movie, after Ninja 2, has been announced and will be a team up with Randy Couture for Distant Shore (which sounds like a partial remake of Dead Calm)

As long as it's not another Tapout "production"....that could be interesting. Twitch have gotten hold of this news as well -

http://twitchfilm.com/2013/02/scott-adkins-and-randy-couture-are-going-sailing-to-a-distant-shore.html

Excited about 'Ninja 2' though, along with the likes of Johnny Yong Bosch & Darren Shahlavi, Kane seems to belong to that generation of action stars who had all the moves, but the industry that could utilise them just wasn't there anymore, leading to far fewer movies on their resumes than their should be.

As long as it's not another Tapout "production"....that could be interesting. Twitch have gotten hold of this news as well -

http://twitchfilm.com/2013/02/scott-adkins-and-randy-couture-are-going-sailing-to-a-distant-shore.html

Wouldn't it be amazing if this was a partial remake of "Dead Calm" with Randy Couture and Scott Adkins playing a gay couple? I wonder if that would have a major effect on action films - a gay couple who aren't effeminate but, instead, kick a boatload of arse.

ShaOW!linDude
Wouldn't it be amazing if this was a partial remake of "Dead Calm" with Randy Couture and Scott Adkins playing a gay couple? I wonder if that would have a major effect on action films - a gay couple who aren't effeminate but, instead, kick a boatload of arse.

Gives new meaning to the term "whatever floats your boat".

ShaOW!linDude

I feel you on that, dude. Well, I mean I don't actually feel you. I mean, you know, I get what your saying...in a very straight but manly way.....um....(awkward!)....Ahem....Say, how about them (insert favorite sports team here)?

Because it was NINJA, not NINJASSS

@edher_M.A. Listen just because he is suppose to be a Ninja, I want to see Ninjas in the entire movie. I'm going to see if maybe a second viewing doesn't change my opinion on the movie. The trailer is the best part! I'm hoping that they make this second movie better the the 1st.

Jackie's endfight-opponent from WHO AM I? Ron Smoorenburg just posted on Facebook, that he just finished a fightscene with Scott Adkins for NINJA 2....

quote:

Today great fight scene vs Scott Adkins, it was super... im very thankful to Scott and the great people behind the scenes who choreographed it, directed it and it was just in one word great... Ninja 2 will be a fantastic movie I can tell that for movie lovers...

Since the movie is being shot in Thailand, I won't be surprised if they have guys like Ron or even some of Panna's team as stunt fighters, like they did in THE MARINE 2 and THE SCORPION KING 3.

Two new comments from Scott Adkin's twitter page: http://twitter.com/TheScottAdkins

Just over 1 week left on #Ninja2, now officially the hardest film I've ever made. 13 fight sequences = well deserved holiday!!

- Scott Adkins 7:38 a.m. - Feb 15, 2013

Isaac Florentine giving his own special kind of direction on the set of Ninja 2

- Scott Adkins 7:55 a.m. - Feb 15, 2013

487683_410092902414731_560945775_n.jpg

Not sure if the ninja in the pic is Scott, Kane, or someone else, but it's cool to see that it looks like the ninja costumes will be more traditional looking than those stupid sci-fi/Batman/G.I.Joe:SnakeEyes looking ones in the first film were. Also cool to see that Florentine is a hands on (or feet on) director. :tongue:

With just about a week of filming left, here's hoping more pics will be released soon.

• Like 1

There are thing that i didn't enjoy in the first Ninja but I still like it and im glad they're doing a second part. I'm fan off them all (Adkins, Florentine, Kosugi) so i have a lot of faith in this one.

But i really hope they don't have the High Tec Ninja that looked more like a nostalgia character from Florentine's Power Ranges days. Traditional ninjas that's the way to go.

• Like 1

Ninja 2: It's a Wrap

http://www.impactonline.co/news/1171-ninja-scott-adkins-isaac-florentine

Not a whole lot of new information in the above article, except that Kane's "bearded and looking older and tougher". I have no doubt that he's gonna kill it as the villainous Nakabara. Can't wait to see some stills and hopefully some video clips too.

Might be soon since the article also says:

"We'll be running some full coverage and interviews with cast and crew from Ninja 2 shortly, as the film currently moves into post-production"

Blog article with some new spoiler-ish info on the story:

http://www.hollywoodrepublican.net/2013/02/ninja-ii/

It's pretty much what I'd already guessed from reading the synopsis Nu Image released. I'm getting a distinct "Revenge of the Ninja" vibe from this, which is a good omen I think, not only because that film is awesome, but also because it marked Kane Kosugi's film debut, playing a kid being trained as a ninja. Pretty cool that he's come full circle 30 years later.

hanshotfirst

What happened to Blood Hostage? I thought a film showcasing Krav Maga might be kind of cool.

ShaOW!linDude
First promo shot for the film. (l-to-r) Kane Kosugi, Scott Adkins and Jawed El Berni.

525265_531989586846186_1826889244_n.jpg

Wow! How did I miss this post? What an awesome photo! I never really thought Kane favored his father until this picture. Talk about a spitting image.

NINJA: SHADOW OF A TEAR is the official name now!

To quote John McEnroe, "You cannot be serious!".

Man, that is one lame title. Up till now my only question about the title was whether it was gonna be "Ninja 2" or "Ninja II". I can understand not wanting to point out that it's a sequel, since the first film pretty much sucked, but "Shadow of a Tear"?! Seriously, "A Tear"...? At least change it to "Ninja: Shadow of Sorrow" or something that sounds at least somewhat cool.

Anyway, hopefully the film won't be as lame as the title. Bring on the Trailer already.

Based on what I've read the tears will be from me and fellow martial arts movie fans. Tears of joy that is at the potential this movie has with 13 fights and the caliber of the screen fighters.

Adkins and Kosugi.....I'm in!!

• Like 1

I'm really looking forward to this one too. I actually enjoyed the first movie, there was plenty of decent action and after a couple of viewings I even started to think the futuristic ninja suits weren't that bad.

• Like 1