Ip Man: Final Fight (starring Anthony Wong) 2013

Maz

Secret Executioner

Can this be seen on its own or is it better if one has seen other Ip Man movies before ?

I have Ip Man (watched), The Grandmaster (seen at the theater, not yet rewatched on DVD/BD), Ip Man 2 (unwatched) and The Legend Is Born: Ip Man (unwatched).

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
One Armed Boxer
Can this be seen on its own or is it better if one has seen other Ip Man movies before?

Hey GHW...this can be watched as a stand alone movie, there's no direct continuity to the others in the Ip Man filmography.

I didn't really enjoy this one personally, posted my thoughts in post #96.

ShaOW!linDude
The Legend Is Born: Ip Man (unwatched).

I can't speak for Ip Man:FF but you need to watch TLIB: Ip Man. There's some good fights in there. (I need to rewatch it myself and do a mini-review.)

Secret Executioner
Hey GHW...this can be watched as a stand alone movie, there's no direct continuity to the others in the Ip Man filmography.

I didn't really enjoy this one personally, posted my thoughts in post #96.

Okay, thanks. I'll check it out ASAP, especially since someone told me in the purchases thread that he would be interested in reading my thoughts on this one. :smile:

I can't speak for Ip Man:FF but you need to watch TLIB: Ip Man. There's some good fights in there. (I need to rewatch it myself and do a mini-review.)

Will check it out then - maybe I'll watch them together in a "Ip Man double feature" during the week-end. :nerd:

Any movie that has Yuen Biao fighting ninjas should be treasured (even if it wastes Kenya Sawada).

ShaOW!linDude
Any movie that has Yuen Biao fighting ninjas should be treasured (even if it wastes Kenya Sawada).

Amen and pass the gravy.

• Administrator

Amen and pass the gravy.

I need some of that gravy too! :bigsmile:

I liked IM:FB, especially the bit with Eric Tsang, but TLIB:IM felt like a beautiful blast from the past. Pure fun!

Can someone confirm if "Bruce Lee" (not him, but the guy playing "Bruce") shows up in this movie?

I recall, from the trailer, Bruce appearing on TV as Anthony Wong (Ip Man) watches... but not sure if it's real footage or not.

Thanks in advance.

One Armed Boxer
44 minutes ago, mpm74 said:

Can someone confirm if "Bruce Lee" (not him, but the guy playing "Bruce") shows up in this movie?

Yes, he's in it.

Archived