Ip Man: Final Fight (starring Anthony Wong) 2013

Maz

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lots of folk worked on action choreo, including some white crane guys & my Sifu Leo Au Yeung who plays Eric Tsang's senior disciple in the film, but all under the main AD banner of Nicky Li on set apparently...... production however seems to have been a kung fu folks jolly up, with lots of collab thrown into the mix it seems. Of all the folk there inc Ken Lo, Fong Hark On, etc., my Sifu said he really rated Eric Tsang's kung abilities, apparently he's packing some very real skills.

my Sifu said he really rated Eric Tsang's kung abilities, apparently he's packing some very real skills.

It really shows!

Oh man that trailer looks good! I'm gonna have to watch the first Ip Man tonight now so I can see some Wing Chun, Or Maybe Prodigal Son.

Anthony looks a little "slow" for the part but he can act. Hope this is a good movie in the same realm of the original Ip Man movie.

Eric Tsang part in the trailer is kick ass. Amazing since I always known him for his comedic roles, although he has started to do more serious roles in recent years.

I agree that Anthony Wong Wing Chun looks awkward in places.

I enjoyed Herman Yau's The Legend Is Born - Ip Man and Women Knight of Mirror Lake so there is high expectations on this one.

TibetanWhiteCrane

Sweet... I know next to nothing about this movie, just saw the trailer. Legend Is Born was ok, but I hope Herman Yau would have a somewhat more original and interesting narrative going this time.

That was an unusual trailer. I expected to see a quick highlight of the action towards the end but nope!

Weirdly, I kind of liked it.

decent movie, action kind of starts up in the middle of the movie, everyone does good action wise apart from ken lo, not sure what happened to him its like he cant kick anymore and his handwork wasnt that good anyway.

decent movie, action kind of starts up in the middle of the movie, everyone does good action wise apart from ken lo, not sure what happened to him its like he cant kick anymore and his handwork wasnt that good anyway.

Damn. He didn't get much action in CZ12 either...

Even Eric Tsang apparently throws down in this one, yeah?

eric tang does real good here coming with some Hop Gar.. we need to see this style more on film

Very true. It looks good when done well, and I'm sure it would translate well to film.

I think this movie was supposed to screen here, but there are no sessions shown on the site I saw it on. Will have to follow that up...

Archived