Ip Man: Final Fight (starring Anthony Wong) 2013

Maz

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ip-man-the-final-fight-poster.jpg

whys there not going to be ne more sequals to donnies, =/ i wanted a sequal with him training young bruce, which was at the end of 2.

Not sure of the cast as two sites have same and different names attached. Can"t find the AD though. I pray it's my man Tony Leung as he's done 2 others with Herman Yau and SKL(Legend Is Born.. and Woman..Mirror Lake). I pray. You pray too.

http://www.hkcinemagic.com/en/movie.asp?id=11726

http://hkmdb.com/db/movies/view.mhtml?id=16007&display_set=eng

whys there not going to be ne more sequals to donnies, =/ i wanted a sequal with him training young bruce, which was at the end of 2.

It was confirmed just recently that Donnie will reprise his role as Yip Man for the last time, showing Yip's relationship with Bruce Lee. Shooting should start next year.

Wasn't this the film that was originally titled The Grandmaster?

No! The Grandmasters is(was) directed by Wong Kar-Wai; starring Tony Leung.

Hey. I got all the skinny on this as my teacher is in it, & Sin Kwok Lam (same guy who produced all the other Ip flicks out) is my Sigung.

Anyhoo, don't know what you'll think of this BKarza, but Nicky Li is chief AD... Anyhoo again, my Sifu & Sigung helped out some as did a few Hop Gar masters in HK. Ip Chun was also on set. Even Eric Tsang throws some choreo into the mix. Sin Kwok Lam spent a year teaching Anthony Wong wing chun for the role, both do pek kwar under Chan Sau Chung lineage. I know they've played about with wires a bit, but think it will be pretty grounded. Budget way bigger than previous Ip flicks, they've recreated '50s HK on a biiig film set. Very detailed. Ken Lo on chief villainous duties, my teacher's baddie... Fung Hark On's in film also. In post now, filming finished 'bout a month ago... & yes there might be a Bruce bit...

I don't care for Nicky Li. He's, eh. Don't like his really dumb use of wires at all. Ah forget it. Can't say I really cared anyway. I only would have if TL was the AD. I have no vested interest in anything being made so it doesn't matter to me.

TibetanWhiteCrane

As an AD, Nicky Li is mediocrity personified. Often below mediocre, but never above.

And on a separate note, how is that WKW Ip Man flick gonna garner any kind of interest when it's trailing about five or six other Ip Man titles? By the sweetass time it's released, will anyone give a shit anymore?!

TL was orig choice but unable... NL, thought that might raise a few hackles. Still ADing on SKLs flicks has been collaborative in the past, so will wait & see. Hung Yan Yan in this also, Dennis To is not.

odioustrident

I'm convinced Nicky Li is the reason Wu Jing's career isn't what it should have been. This guy is kind of a drag on the industry given how much work he gets.

Hey, TWC, there will be a focus on Tibetan White Crane in this movie... don't know how that will turn out, but it's in there for sure, some proper twc bods have worked on it; don't know if you practice it...

TibetanWhiteCrane

I was, untill recently, then my sifu moved, and by that, moved the school. Sucks!

Ok, so I might check it out for that.

Can someone provide some projects Nicky Li has worked on? What makes him so bad?

He used to be the leader of the Jackie Chan Stunt Team. One of the problems I have is that he tends to use wirework a little too enthusiastically.

The only film where I actually enjoyed his choreography was BAD BLOOD. GEN-Y COPS used hokey wirework at times and it just looked bad.

Great find, DiP!

Anthony Wong isn't really convincing for me and some of the sound effects are deeply overwrought but the fights look good and grounded and I didn't see much wire-work.

Eric Tsang throwin' down?! This is madness!

Not surprised....Eric Tsang actually started out as a stuntman in the 1970's. He can be seen in BRUCE LEE: THE INVINCIBLE as a thug. Looks decent here...I may just have to check this out!

Archived