The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (2014)

AlbertV

Secret Executioner
BTW, that kid playing Harry is awesome. Really good actor. I've seen him in two movies and he's no joke.

That's good news. then

Am I the only wondering how they can have the Osborn family yet still NO FREAKIN GOBLIN ?! He's pretty much Spidey's arch-nemesis. Well, maybe in AS3.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Spidey supports the NYFD....check it out!!!

spid1.jpg

This could be the worst still a film has ever put out. Could they make it seem any cheesier?

This could be the worst still a film has ever put out. Could they make it seem any cheesier?

Spider-Man was kind of a smartass when he first started, the way he talks and does things at times...so I think this still could all part of the smart-talking wise-cracking Spidey he once was.

Spider-Man was kind of a smartass when he first started, the way he talks and does things at times...so I think this still could all part of the smart-talking wise-cracking Spidey he once was.

That's all good and well but, in my eyes, that's where the reboot became a little obnoxious. The whole, "Knives! He knows my weakness!" thing and then the hijinks that followed just came across as childish and silly for me.

I think I'd prefer somewhat of a more mature Spider-Man. Still loudmouthed and cocky but not juvenile.

Secret Executioner

Maybe he bought that fireman helmet with a Spider-credit card. :tongue:

Apparently the film when it is released in Brazil will be called

The Amazing Spider-Man: Rise of Electro

Secret Executioner

I like that title, sounds a lot like the title of a comic book from the 1960s. :tongue:

OpiumKungFuCracker

Will it have any funky electro moves like this one?

hdwdj_breakin_712481.gif

Secret Executioner

Trailer is okay, but the emo-kid looks annoying (is that supposed to be Harry Osborn ?). And for a "main villain", Electro doesn't appear that much - BTW, is there another big villain in the movie ? Seems like Spidey fights someone/something else too.

Concerning the blonde I assume to be Gwen Stacy... Throw her off a bridge already, she seems annoying too.

On the bright side: lots of action there, seems to be much bigger than the first AS movie (which was, I must admit, quite impressive at points). Interesting that there seems to be tension too concerning Peter Parker and his secret identity. Let's just hope it won't go like in Spiderman 3 (or Tony Stark "issues" in Iron Man 3) but be something developped instead.

Trailer is okay, but the emo-kid looks annoying (is that supposed to be Harry Osborn ?). And for a "main villain", Electro doesn't appear that much - BTW, is there another big villain in the movie ? Seems like Spidey fights someone/something else too.

Concerning the blonde I assume to be Gwen Stacy... Throw her off a bridge already, she seems annoying too.

On the bright side: lots of action there, seems to be much bigger than the first AS movie (which was, I must admit, quite impressive at points). Interesting that there seems to be tension too concerning Peter Parker and his secret identity. Let's just hope it won't go like in Spiderman 3 (or Tony Stark "issues" in Iron Man 3) but be something developped instead.

The "emo kid" is Harry Osborn and yes,. he does become a Goblin...Electro is the main villain but there are also The Rhino and the Goblin. At least they are all connected to one thing: Oscorp and the mystery of Peter's parents...The Sinister Six may appear in completion by ASM3...I'm actually looking forward to seeing this.

Secret Executioner
The "emo kid" is Harry Osborn and yes,. he does become a Goblin...Electro is the main villain but there are also The Rhino and the Goblin. At least they are all connected to one thing: Oscorp and the mystery of Peter's parents...The Sinister Six may appear in completion by ASM3...I'm actually looking forward to seeing this.

So... We skip Norman Osborn as the Goblin ? Anyway, looks like a nice bunch of villains - the Goblin is the only one we have not seen yet (Rhino seems to be a guy in a robotic suit, interesting twist).

Secret Executioner
Here's what the Goblin looks like according to a bust at a toy convention

3Uo0cgTaSIw

Huh... Why the hell can't they at least TRY to make these villains look like the original characters ?

Judging from what I see here...I don't think this Green Goblin needs a mask!!! Here is Harry Osborn, the Green Goblin

DfH9QBi.jpg

Sony has stated that they want to put out a Spiderman movie every year.

That would include the spinoff films THE SINISTER SIX and VENOM, which are being scripted as we speak. Drew Goddard is working on THE SINISTER SIX script and Alex Kurtzman is tacking the VENOM script.

For those interested :wink:

Me9P9mTlwQU

Sounds like it's just like the 1st one... uneven, empty and totally uncalled for. And these "comic book" movies have to stop with this 2 hours and over running time.

Good job, guys. Thanks for saving me money.

OldPangYau
Sounds like it's just like the 1st one... uneven, empty and totally uncalled for. And these "comic book" movies have to stop with this 2 hours and over running time.

Good job, guys. Thanks for saving me money.

Glad we could help! Oh, and your requested "retro review" is in post-production :wink:

Archived