The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (2014)

AlbertV

With the success of the reboot, THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2 is set for May 2, 2014.

Here's the latest:

Director Marc Webb, Andrew Garfield, and Emma Stone are returning to their roles.

Shailene Woodley (THE DESCENDANTS) has been cast as Mary Jane Watson. So we will get to see MJ here.

The villain for the film will be...Electro! And here's the latest on that...

Collider has reported that Jamie Foxx is in early talks to play the electrical villain!!! Now that's what I call a "shocker" (no pun intended)

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Secret Executioner

I'd have expected the Green Goblin as the main foe and probably Gwen Stacy's death as a climax, but Electro sounds interesting. Hope this sequel is at least as good as the first one.

Dark Horizons

Well, Harry Osborn will be in the sequel. It was recently announced that 3 actors are in contention right now for the role:

Dane DeHaan (Chronicle)

Alden Ehrenreich (who coincidentally lost the role of Spidey to Andrew Garfield)

Brady Corbet (Melancholia)

It was originally supposed to be played by an athletic build type of actor, but producers now want someone has is "dark and edgy" when it comes to acting.

Chinatown Kid

I picked up The Amazing Spiderman DVD on a whim last night and was suprised how good it was, great action, humor and special effects. They got just the right skinny, nerdy type guy to play Spidey this time. Looking forward to the sequel! :nerd:

Jamie Foxx gave a recent interview on MTV about his role as Max Dillon/Electro in THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2

"You’ll see that in his whole life, no one is talking to him. People have stolen his ideas at the big company. He’s a nobody.

At a certain point, Spider-Man bumps into him and says, “You’re my guy. You’re my ears and eyes on the street.” And he says his name — no one has ever said [Max] Dillon’s name.

He sort of starts thinking that somehow, “I am Spider-Man’s partner.”

However, some bad stuff happens, this Dillon becomes Electro. And do not expect the traditional green and yellow costume from the comics...it will be a black new-age kind of suit. So look out for that!

I got a hunch they are saving Green Goblin for #3...

I liked the first one a lot better than the raimi ones..

but still .. WAY too much "gotta take my mask off" moments..

Drunken Monk

I watched the latest incarnation again last week and it's still a pretty well made film. I don't like the Lizard or his ridiculous plan to turn everyone else into lizards and I think the film could have gone darker but, all in all, I'm excited for the series to keep going.

ShaOW!linDude
However, some bad stuff happens, this Dillon becomes Electro. And do not expect the traditional green and yellow costume from the comics...it will be a black new-age kind of suit. So look out for that!

I saw this, too. Sounds like they're going for more of an evil Black Lightning (DC superhero). Whatever.

Secret Executioner
I don't like the Lizard or his ridiculous plan to turn everyone else into lizards and I think the film could have gone darker but, all in all, I'm excited for the series to keep going.

I thought the Lizard was okay. The look would fit Killer Croc more IMO but his origin story and the link between him and Spiderman are quite well put and you somewhat feel sympathy for the guy at some point. Regarding his plan to turn people into lizards, that's very cliche and quite predictable.

I saw this, too. Sounds like they're going for more of an evil Black Lightning (DC superhero). Whatever.

Isn't Black Lightning wearing a blue and yellow costume ? I think they used the Ultimate Spiderman version of Electro instead of the classic one. An interesting choice, though I'd have preferred the classic yellow and green costume.

ShaOW!linDude
Isn't Black Lightning wearing a blue and yellow costume ? I think they used the Ultimate Spiderman version of Electro instead of the classic one. An interesting choice, though I'd have preferred the classic yellow and green costume.

The newer BL suit was blue and black with some lightning. I've not seen the Ultimate Spidey version of Electro so you may very well be right. Yeah, I want the classic look with the big yellow lightning starfish mask!:nerd:

This is the Electro I would like to see...

electro1.png

Not this....

electro2.jpg

Unfortunately, I always felt this was one of the weakest covers by Ditko --

and never cared too much for the character. Hopefully, he will be better on screen.

electro3.jpg

I've only just watched the 1st movie for free!!, and to be honest i thought it was a bit crap, better than Raimi's third movie (but only coz that was so overblown), and certainly Sally Field made a less annoying Aunt May than Rosemary Harris (and her endless reminiscing bulls##t), but The Lizard was unconvincing at best, certainly far less impressive than Defoe's Goblin "now that You've REALLY pissed me off!!" and the FX were no better than Raimi's movies...

think I will give the next one a miss!1

Spidey is getting a new suit...this has been confirmed. Photos from Comic Book News

amazing-spider-man-2-mask-costume-570x849.jpg

Set photo:

image0018.jpg

And here is the first look at Mary Jane Watson, played by Shailene Woodley

image0053.jpg

In ASM2 news, Chris Cooper was casted this past weekend as...Norman Osborn...it is unclear if he will become The Green Goblin or if they will save that for ASM3.

A few updates:

Here's Jamie Foxx as Electro

the-amazing-spider-man-2-first-look-at-jamie-foxx-as-electro.jpg

Here's Paul Giamatti as Rhino

amazing-spider-man-2-set-rhino-1.jpg

Shailene Woodley already shot her scenes, but Mary Jane Watson will NOT be in Amazing Spider-Man 2...looks like she will be in the third installment

Full story HERE

Forget a trilogy...Dates are confirmed for the following:

June 10, 2016 will be the release date for THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 3

May 4, 2018 will be the release date for THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 4

Why do I have this feeling The Green Goblin will appear in ASM3 and then Harry's version will appear in ASM4???

Secret Executioner

Hope the Green Goblin will look like a Goblin and be green... But considering how things are going (when did Electro become gangsta Dr. Manhattan ?), the Amazing Spiderman movies version of the Green Goblin looking more like a Scarlet Witch (see what I did there ?) wouldn't surprise me...

BTW, I was wondering: are they gonna have all the villains in the new movies be mutated freaks like Lizard ? The same device created Lizard and Spiderman already and it may well create the Goblin (and Rhino and Vulture and....) too... Maybe having sand used in that device could create Sandman too. Basically, Venom and/or Carnage being in plans may announce new backstories..

ShaOW!linDude
(when did Electro become gangsta Dr. Manhattan ?)

Really.

I finally dvr'ed AS 1 to watch a couple of months back. Some I liked, some I didn't.

Here is a shot of Peter Parker (Andrew Garfield) and Harry Osborn (Dane DeHaan)

dane.dehaan.PNG

Chinatown Kid

I seen an article a while back that Garfield wanted them to make Spidey gay, WTF? I got nothing against gays but Spiderman was never gay in the comics was he?:ooh:

Secret Executioner
Here is a shot of Peter Parker (Andrew Garfield) and Harry Osborn (Dane DeHaan)

dane.dehaan.PNG

Why does Harry Osborn look like Luthor's nephew from Superman IV ?

I seen an article a while back that Garfield wanted them to make Spidey gay, WTF? I got nothing against gays but Spiderman was never gay in the comics was he?:ooh:

The franchise is so close to the original I guess it can have little differences here and there (sarcasm).

He felt they needed to switch it up and make it true to modern times and I think the idea was to make Peter bi, but that's not going to happen. Gwen is still Spidey's first love and then I'm guessing Mary Jane will make her appearance in Part 3 (the shot scenes with Shailene Woodley are on the chopped block)

Why does Harry Osborn look like Luthor's nephew from Superman IV ?

The franchise is so close to the original I guess it can have little differences here and there (sarcasm).

lol Watch the commentary for Superman 4. Great stuff.

BTW, that kid playing Harry is awesome. Really good actor. I've seen him in two movies and he's no joke.

Archived