Enter the Master (2013)

DiP

Yen to star in Emperor's Enter The Master

Hong Kong’s Emperor Motion Pictures (EMP) is currently scouting overseas locations for $22m martial arts blockbuster Enter The Master, which is scheduled to start shooting in January 2013.

Written and directed by Chan Hing-kai, the film will star Donnie Yen as a former martial arts expert who is living a quiet life as a language teacher in Chinatown. His quiet life shatters when he saves a young immigrant from a violent attack and gets caught between two rival triad factions. Nicholas Tse will play the young immigrant.

EMP is considering locations in the US, Canada and Australia for the film, which will also partly shoot in Hong Kong.

Yen will also head up the second unit as action director on the film. Director Chan Hing-kai has a string of credits as writer and director including the popular All’s Well, Ends Well comedies and La Comedie Humaine.

“Donnie and Nicholas have worked well together before but Enter The Master will take the collaboration a step further by pitting the two directly against each other, both emotionally and physically. We’re confident that their chemistry will be even more riveting in Enter The Master,” said EMP CEO Albert Lee.

Enter The Master is tentatively scheduled for Asian release in autumn 2013.

http://www.screendaily.com/news/asia-pacific/yen-to-star-in-emperors-enter-the-master/5048451.article?blocktitle=News&contentID=2613

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This sounds like it could be a very interesting release. Nicholas Tse seems to be becoming a lot more of a visible martial artist these days and, coupled with Donnie, this is certainly a movie project that gets my interest.

Donnie as the action director always helps, of course. Also, I like the fact that this has a seemingly contemporary setting but sounds like it might be focused on actual kung fu (or so the title suggests).

For the sake of keeping the action in accordance to its' setting and creating something different, I hope Yen will present us a variety of styles. Should be interesting.

Yen enters as The Master

Production News

Donnie YEN 甄子丹 will hope to kick off a new martial arts action franchise in January, when production begins on Enter The Master.

The action is set in a US 'Chinatown' location and sees Yen as a former martial arts ace who must decide whether or not to come out of hiding when a new immigrant he has befriended puts him in the middle of a war between two triad factions. The newcomer is played by Nicholas TSE 謝霆鋒.

The film will be shot by busy Hong Kong director CHAN Hing-kai 陳慶嘉 (Simply Actors 戲王之王 (2007), Poker King 撲克王 (2009), All's Well, End's Well 2012 八星抱喜) while Yen is to be credited as action director. Production and sales are handled by Emperor Motion Pictures Ltd 英皇電影有限公司.

Yen and Tse have previously been paired on Dragon Tiger Gate 龍虎門 (2006) and Bodyguards and Assassins 十月圍城 (2009). Tse has recently won acting awards for The Stool Pigeon 線人 (2010), while Yen has seen his career soar on the back of Wilson YIP 葉偉信's Ip Man 葉問 (2008) films.

"Donnie and Nicholas have worked well together before, but Enter The Master will take the collaboration a step further by pitting the two directly against each other, both emotionally and physically," said Albert LEE 利雅博, Emperor's CEO.

For the American Film Market this week, Emperor has already unveiled Ip Man: The Final Fight 葉問-終極一戰 and Dante Lam's cop thriller That Demon Within 林超賢.

http://www.filmbiz.asia/news/yen-enters-as-the-master

With a 2013 release date, do we assume this is getting made before the three and a half billion other projects Donnie has on his plate?

ShaOW!linDude
This sounds like it could be a very interesting release. Nicholas Tse seems to be becoming a lot more of a visible martial artist these days and, coupled with Donnie, this is certainly a movie project that gets my interest.

Donnie as the action director always helps, of course. Also, I like the fact that this has a seemingly contemporary setting but sounds like it might be focused on actual kung fu (or so the title suggests).

For the sake of keeping the action in accordance to its' setting and creating something different, I hope Yen will present us a variety of styles. Should be interesting.

I wholeheartedly agree. I'm very intrigued by this. And if they're aiming for a 2013 release, that's even better.

With a 2013 release date, do we assume this is getting made before the three and a half billion other projects Donnie has on his plate?

lol so true but I'm a Donnie Yen fiend so the more projects the better.

Project Heist

Monkey King

Enter the Master

what else is coming? Is DTG 2 still happening?

MONKEY KING is already finished. They are still working on the post-production with the visual effects

Project Heist

Monkey King

Enter the Master

what else is coming? Is DTG 2 still happening?

Iceman Cometh remake, Ip Man 3(D), Special Identity.

Last I heard about Dragon Tiger Gate 2 was that Dante Lam was going to take over the directing. It seems to have been abandoned now though.

Archived