Conan the Conqueror (2017)

AlbertV

2 hours ago, AlbertV said:

He was also good as the villain in David Hayter's directorial debut, Wolves. He actually looked menacing in werewolf mode and the cool thing was, it was no BS CGI. The CGI was only used for the transformation itself, but the cast actually sported practical make up when they were werewolves and Momoa looked insane. 

As for Conan, it would be interesting to see Momoa play the villain opposite Arnie.

Yet to see Wolves Albert but Momoa's height must make him even more menacing as a werewolf. I've been reading some more stuff online regarding the new film and it appears Arnies serious about this one. The projects been mentioned a lot over the years so I'm a little bit skeptical for that reason.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ShaOW!linDude

Funny. I actually revisited the 2011 Conan the Barbarian this weekend. Overall, I love the film with the exception of the very end. It has its moments, but not the satisfying climax I wanted. While I love the original starring Schwarzeneggar, to me Momoa was a better depiction of the character. Plus, it didn't have Grace Jones in it, thereby making it waaaaay better than Conan the Destroyer by that very fact alone.:tongueout

14 minutes ago, ShaOW!linDude said:

Funny. I actually revisited the 2011 Conan the Barbarian this weekend. Overall, I love the film with the exception of the very end. It has its moments, but not the satisfying climax I wanted. While I love the original starring Schwarzeneggar, to me Momoa was a better depiction of the character. Plus, it didn't have Grace Jones in it, thereby making it waaaaay better than Conan the Destroyer by that very fact alone.:tongueout

According to Arnie's biography Grace Jones used to argue a lot with ex basket ball star Wilt Chamberlain on set. Conan The Destroyer as bad as it is remains a guilty pleasure of mine.

Lady Jin Szu-Yi

Maybe this isn't a good time to admit, I like Grace Jones (she absolutely stole the Eddie Murphy movie "Boomarang") - :laugh  And yet I don't remember Conan The Destroyer...but after James Earl Jones as Thulsa Doom why would you want to remember anything beyond that first film. 

ShaOW!linDude
1 hour ago, DragonClaws said:

According to Arnie's biography Grace Jones used to argue a lot with ex basket ball star Wilt Chamberlain on set. Conan The Destroyer as bad as it is remains a guilty pleasure of mine.

Ditto!:BL-Recognize:

DragonClaws

Ultimately, the budget was big, the studio was not really sure of the title, and the relevance in the marketplace. They ended up letting it go. I think they’re gonna look to do a TV show or something with it.

The studio basically didn't feel Arnie/Conan had enough pull, to put but on seats on the big screen. Yet with the huge demand for new T.V content all the time, it may end up on the small screen version.

That is very sad news. I did see trailer thai-conan(sort of) but don`t remember title of movie. Was that movie ever made?

3 hours ago, Tex Killer said:

That is very sad news. I did see trailer thai-conan(sort of) but don`t remember title of movie. Was that movie ever made?

The movie got made, but was not released due to copyright issues. George Tan never got permission and thus its unreleased. Here's a video that explains everything on that, it was called Iron Shadows

ShaOW!linDude

Never knew anything about this Iron Shadows film. I think I'd pass on this, but I do remember hearing about the Red Nails animated story, and I'd like to see that. 

I still don't understand why Jason Momoa's Conan was so ill-received. To me, he was far closer the literary character than Arnold (though not by much). I remember an interview with Momoa, who was psyched to play the character, and he was already talking about working on a script for a 2nd film which he wanted to make darker, more violent movie that tapped into some of the older Conan stories. I'm hoping that based on the success of R-rated superhero films and that his career has grown substantially since then in the film industry, that he'll get that chance still.

Archived