Stop the presses!

BaronK

When did this cleaned up version surface. I got ta get this now. Someone point me in the right direction, now! Please. Cap'n?

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This aired in Singapore on the celestial channel. They show lots of Shaws but mostly stuff that everyone already has. The DVD of this TV recording is readily available.

Guest Markgway
I Have the DVD recording. Sadly, it is cut, but not in the way you might think - Whoever taped it hit record after the credits! :P

Epic fail.

The aspect ratio is screwed up too, and, so as to cut out the station identification watermark, the picture is offset on screen. The picture is zoomed in and shunted upward. And the subs are a mess. Singaporean TV has lowered their Mandarin standards. Even the timings suck. Huge fail. :(

The aspect ratio is screwed up too, and, so as to cut out the station identification watermark, the picture is offset on screen. The picture is zoomed in and shunted upward. And the subs are a mess. Singaporean TV has lowered their Mandarin standards. Even the timings suck. Huge fail. :(

I can't really argue any of those points... Might be a fail on the DVD front, but I did enjoy the movie.

Still 10 X better than the crappy fullscreen Korean version that has been circulating for years.

Does anyone have a better version?

Operation Lipstick will be on TV on the 26th. I will see if I can find someone who can hit record on time!

Lovers Blades is also on TV on the 26th of Nov. I'd like to get this in the proper aspect ratio, just as it is, without any doctoring. I'll give this a try and report back.

The Brain Stealers is on TV on Nov 28.

These overseas stations can be watched over the internet with the right know how. If you go to asian cafes, they have TVB and many other stations from Asia, and its not done by dish, but through the web. I'm going to try to get all three recorded. I'm sure this will surface widely.

Operation Lipstick will be on TV on the 26th. I will see if I can find someone who can hit record on time!

Lovers Blades is also on TV on the 26th of Nov. I'd like to get this in the proper aspect ratio, just as it is, without any doctoring. I'll give this a try and report back.

The Brain Stealers is on TV on Nov 28.

HEY ,.. HEY !!!! any update on these showings yet HAZ ?

The one SB film I would love, love, love, to get a proper print of is LADY EXTERMINATOR. Haz, do you know if that has been show on TV there?

I asked a friend to record them all for me. With some luck, I'll have some news in the next few days!

Thanks for response, crossed fingers, toes and eyes :squigglemouth:

Archived