Samurai duel in a burning building?

TrickyNicky

I have a question for you guys that have seen much more chambara than I have. I'm wondering if there has ever been a scene inside of a burning building, in color?

The reason I'm asking is because I was playing old Dreamcast games and came across the Last Blade series, a pair of 2D fighters, and saw this stage in the second one:

Lb2fireatwadamoyabg.gif

It is called the Fire at the Wadamoya, and is quite beautiful on a TV.

So this piqued my interest. Are there any films that have a showdown or fight-out in something similar to this?

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

That does look very cool.

The first thing that comes to mind is Sonny Chiba fighting Tomisabura Wakayama at the end of SAMURAI REINCARNATION (1981, aka. Makai Tensho).

There was also a nice fight surrounded by fire at the climax of NINJA ASSASSIN.

TibetanWhiteCrane

LOOOVE the Last Blade games! the first one is on virtual console for the wii, hope they put the second one out too. Lee is basically Jet Li as WFH, love playing with him.

• Administrator
LOOOVE the Last Blade games! the first one is on virtual console for the wii, hope they put the second one out too. Lee is basically Jet Li as WFH, love playing with him.

I've never even heard of this game, but now I'm intrigued! Is this available for the PS3 system?

SAMURAI REINCARNATION was my first guess also. Great movie BTW also.

Yeah! I couldn't believe what I was seeing when those two chanbara icons crossed swords. :nerd:

Maybe it's the animation, but the end of Ninja Scroll came to mind...

Oh yeah, good one!

You mentioned in color. There are a couple of Zatoichi films that have a fight scene in a burning building. I KNOW there are others. But I can't seem to remember off the top of my head.

By far, the best burning building fight is in the black and white film "Sword of Doom."

By far, the best burning building fight is in the black and white film "Sword of Doom."

Beat me to it:xd: it was first movie that came to my mind.

Archived