The Seven Little Fortunes question

fiol

Guys,

i found the original vhs here in China (it was released in China sometime ago), it s supposed to have only mandarin dub and maybe without subtitles. The guy told me the vhs works fine and the condition is pretty good. Do you think is it worth it? I know it`s been released on vcd/ld/vhs in HK back then but i couldnt track it down when i was there.

Here in the red land i got the chance to find a genuine vhs for this movie... u guys think i should go for it?

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

No. It's available now as a remastered, subtitled, letterboxed print. Why pick up a VHS? Unless you want it strictly for the "collectible" factor. Is it expensive?

TibetanWhiteCrane
No. It's available now as a remastered, subtitled, letterboxed print. Why pick up a VHS? Unless you want it strictly for the "collectible" factor. Is it expensive?

Are you sure you're thinking of Painted Faces?

• Administrator
...It is? :ooh:

Not as an official DVD release.

Are you sure you're thinking of Painted Faces?

Oh yes sir. 100% sure. :nerd: I'd heard that Celestial/IVL had this and was going to release it along with their remastered Shaw Brothers films. Then I waited very impatiently for many years, but it was never released. Then I heard that it was finally shown on their HD channel, and I knew it was only a matter of time before someone recorded it from there and put it on a DVD-R. Well that did happen, and it's now available in trading circles.

It's not a super wide 2:40:1 film- if memory serves me, it was shot in 1:85:1, but it still makes a huge difference seeing it in the proper aspect ratio.

Well, it was only a matter of collection lol

It`s not that expensive though

If it's only for collection purposes you should get it if you want it. It's a hard film to track down in any form.

Yeah i thought this over and i made up my mind.. i m getting it for collection sake lol

I might not be able to watch it but wth :xd:

yeah i will get it in two days... if only i could find a vhs player here lol :xd:

the guy i bought the tape from has other interesting kung fu tapes OO

oh yeah i finally got it.

I might be able (i ve high hopes...) to transfer the vhs on a dvd so I can watch it.

Here some pics>

paint1.jpg

paint4.jpg

sorry for the size of the pics :wink:

If it's only for collection purposes you should get it if you want it. It's a hard film to track down in any form.

The library I work in has the official Video CD version of the film, but yeah, it is hard to track down otherwise

Archived