Custom (OLD SCHOOL) DVD Covers

Keung

A few weeks back, out of boredom, I decided to give a few rare gems decent DVD covers using old school poster artwork.

I made this to go with member Son Of A Gun's custom DVD of THE CHAMPIONS, which is available now on Asian DVD Club.

the_champions_by_leviboldock-d5hhawz.jpg

ENTER THE FAT DRAGON: I literally finished making this one about half an hour ago.

enter_the_fat_dragon_by_leviboldock-d5j34xx.jpg

ABOVE THE LAW / RIGHTING WRONGS: Not rare, but I myself am not a fan of any released artwork for this particular film.

above_the_law_by_leviboldock-d5ix3m8.jpg

And finally, unrelated to the other covers, is the HKL cover of A BETTER TOMORROW 2. I sold my copy recently. I scanned the cover but it ended up looking like shit so I completely restored it from scratch. I made some minor changes, such as the HKL logo on the spine. Everything else is pretty much the same.

a_better_tomorrow_ii_by_leviboldock-d5ib3fp.jpg

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks.

This one took a while because I made the whole front cover (using a poster as a reference) completely from scratch....THE HAND OF DEATH:

the_hand_of_death_by_leviboldock-d5j4jyz.jpg

Poster:

GH059O01.jpg

TibetanWhiteCrane

Love covers that use original posterart!

FYI, the original Hand Of Death poster is pretty cool, though I don't know if there are any big hi-res images of it.

I love your work, sometimes there are movies that customs good cover art and movie still looks better: Bigsmile:: Bigsmile:

I too would like to do:

2d906226b4cee1e0b516433cac0c4f30o.jpg

252fd10b1c7266b74b91340ea40e11b0o.jpg

24672957.jpg

9eb616f73dd90cdf299a197b7848feffo.jpg

75fa5f224e0670b16c9c1782483b5b94o.jpg

834c0034cff37f02c66c736963f34a63o.jpg

Regards.: Smile:

Almost done with this one...

The drawn/painted art comes from a Japanese flyer. Thanks to member Son Of A Gun for scanning the laserdisc art so I could use the Chinese title card.

Thunderbolt.jpg

If you could find the time to do one for Pedicab Driver..... that would be cool.

I honestly would, mate, but there's no decent quality images out there for it, unfortunately. :sad:

I've just finished this one for Eastern Condors. Black or white, take your pick...

eastern_condors__black__by_leviboldock-d5omkhu.jpg

eastern_condors__white__by_leviboldock-d5omkby.jpg

Reel East might upload some Pedicab Driver stuff to their site at some point. I got the Shanghai Shanghai and Eastern Condors posters from there which I used for my covers.

Archived